WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stayed here for a weekend and it was very nice--but nothing fancy. It is a great stay if you want something nice and affordable. It is right off the highway, so really easy to get anywhere. The room and hotel were nice--just a little dated, but clean and well kept. Breakfast is free and was good (not great, but good). Staff was excellent. EXCELLENT (I love Marriott staff)

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E M
Jordyn S, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the weekend! We're so glad to hear that our location was convenient for you! We try our hardest to keep our rooms and property well kept, and were glad it shows. Thank you for rating our staff as "EXCELLENT" I will pass this compliment on and encourage everyone to keep up the great work. Take care & happy holidays!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night. I wouldn't get a first floor room next time because we found several crickets in the room. All the beds are queen size at this hotel and the mattress was not comfortable, rather stiff. The hotel was clean and good for a night but any longer and I would have back problems on that bed. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ace897
Jordyn S, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you experienced here with us. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. I can assure you that this matter has been resolved. I hope that you will consider giving our property another try. If you have any questions or additional comments, please feel free to contact our property at any time. Take care. - Jordyn Sell, Guest Relations Manager.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

A little outdated but a great value. Easy to get to location. Clean and very pleasant staff. Nice exercise room and large,clean outdoor area with pool. Very quiet. Most of the buildings are detached from the office/clubhouse area.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response and the 4 star rating! We are always excited to read these positive reviews. I'm glad the hotel was at a convenient location for you and that you could travel with ease. Our staff will be delighted to hear the friendly compliment!! We hope to see you again soon. Take Care - Jordyn Sell, Guest Relations Manager.
Rena, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We came in the late evening and we were meet by a very nice person in the lobby. She gave me our keys and we found our suite. It was a 2 bedroom suite on the 2nd floor facing the pool area. It was very nice and clean and we left right at home. The first night we checked out the pool and spa and it was wonderful. As we were spending two nights here, the next day we did some sightseeing in the area and when we came back, our suite was cleaned, beds made, and even the dishes were done and clean in the dishwasher! It was just perfect! We made dinner in the suite kitchen and found all the utilities we needed to make our dinner wonderful. Later we enjoyed a swim in the pool and relaxing in the spa. We didn't try the breakfast nor the complimentary dinner, but it did smell delicious! We also loved that this hotel was near to shopping. The Fiesta Mall was nearly right next door. We will diffidently stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to both couples and families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank HappyTravellers20105
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about our property. It's always wonderful to hear such kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities our hotel had to offer. Next time hopefully you can give our complimentary breakfast and dinner a try as well! Hope to see you soon!! - Jordyn Sell, Guest Relations Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family traveled to Mesa for a week. There were 6 of us so not every hotel can accommodate us. We reserved a two bedroom room at this hotel. Very comfortable stays. Could afford to update the look however it was clean and like I mentioned comfortable. The staff was more than helpful and very friendly. The free breakfast was good. Enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank katjett
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am so encouraged to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. With March being our busiest month each year, it is especially gratifying to hear your stay was comfortable, our food was good, and our staff made a favorable impresssion on you. I love sharing notes like yours to our team.

We hope to see you again next year!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The woman at the front desk was very rude and made sure I felt unwelcome there from the beginning. I stayed there 4 nights. The breakfast always ran out around 8:30 AM and never refilled even when 20-30 people were waiting in line. The bathroom in the lobby was filthy...never cleaned. There was no tissue paper. The room AC was very noisy. Walls were paper thin. We could hear people talking or flushing in other rooms. The garbage truck came every morning around 6:30 and woke me up. The toilet backed up several times. Bathtub had disturbing stains. I could just go on but I'm going to stop here. Please spend your money elsewhere. Marriott should do something about this place.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ek_jajabor
Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to respond. Regardless of content, we do welcome constructive comments from our guests as part of our goal to "Wow" each and every person coming through our door.

I would like to apologize for our hotel not meeting your expectations. We haven't received a one-star rating since May of 2011, and your feedback is concerning, particularly since we do not have record of receiving any complaints during your stay. While we realize we will sometimes fail to meet our guests' and our own expectations, we are proud of how quickly and earnestly we respond when this happens and it is brought to our attention. We would rather work to fix a problem or concern immediately than have a guest stay with us several days unhappy and read about it online far too late to rectify the situation. If you will, please contact me personally to discuss how we can work to earn your business back.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My son and I spent several days recently at this hotel, while in town for spring training. We will definitely stay at this same hotel again next year. Every single staff member that we had interactions with was friendly, courteous, and helpful. We were greeted by the front desk clerk with a welcoming smile when we arrived, and she found our reservations right away. We had a room on the 2nd floor. Other than occasionally hearing a door close, or the sound of a shower in the next room, it was very quiet, yet not eerily so. The hotel is also close to the Hwy 60 onramp, was about 10 to 12 miles from the Giants' Scottsdale Stadium, perhaps 10 miles from Hohokam Stadium, etc.

A free breakfast is provided every morning. They had fruit, oatmeal with various toppings, make-yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, a varying potato dish, plus toast, muffins, and bagels. Juice, milk, and coffee to top it off. The coffee was very good, and just the right temperature for me (no burnt tongue). They also provided a complimentary dinner on Mon, Tues and Wed nights, but since we ate out, we didn't take advantage of that.

It was nice to have the kitchenette, with fridge, stove and microwave. One great benefit of staying here is that they will grocery shop for you at no charge, except for the cost of the groceries. You just need to provide your list by 9:00 a.m. I did so, and included a request for a 6-pack of Aquafina water (for our drive home). They noticed that the store was selling a 24-pack for the same price as a 6-pack, and got me the better deal.

I definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Scottsdale/Mesa area. Truly a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor at the very end of the hallway - it was very quiet.