Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssocial hourevery morningdirector of salesfront deskbasketball courtlong term stayone bedroom suitebreakfast staffphoenix mesafull kitchenextended staythe entire staffoatmeala great stayclean hotelhot breakfasthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Reading other reviews, we had concerns about noise at this hotel especially during spring break. The hotel was very busy but noise was not a problem. We did request a third floor room, but all of building one was quiet. It's the building furthest from the pool. The neighborhood is going through a transition. There is new office construction nearby... But many of the nearby big box retailers and shops have moved to other areas. The nearby mall is doing okay and there are several restaurants around it. The hotel is in a group of four other major chain hotels on quiet streets but with easy access to most attractions in the area. The staff was wonderful and really made it feel like home.

Room Tip: Third floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind response and the 4-Star rating! We are always encouraged to hear when we've left our guests pleased, and I personally love hearing our staff made you feel at home. (That's our #1 goal!!)

We've taken strong steps in the recent past to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially in the later hours of the evening. I'm happy to hear these steps are working!

One final note regarding your neighborhood comments, we are excited about how the City of Mesa has worked to upgrade and redefine its image for the better. The new companies and industry replacing those that have departed is indicative of this upward trend, leaving those of us who live and work here in the community very excited about the future. I am confident your next visit here will confirm my observations.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just recently stayed here and we thought the room was ok. The bed was not comfortable, it was hard and lumpy. We woke up feeling sore. We could not hear people in the room next to us which was nice. The breakfast was ok also. They had waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs and some kind of sausage. We would not likely stay at this particular Residence Inn again. The staff is very friendly though.

Room Tip: Room 121 was by two doors and the stairs so you could hear the door being opened and closed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. A key for our improving is feedback from our valued guests. "Not overly impressed" and "ok" falls far short of our goal here at Residence Inn. While we are always encouraged to hear positive comments about our hotel and staff, we are equally concerned when we hear we’ve fallen short. The most consistent feedback we receive centers around our friendly, professional and accommodating staff - and I'm happy that was the case here again. Another consistent comment is about how good our breakfasts are - not just some cold muffins, fruit and hard-boiled eggs, but a hot meal that changes daily, with breakfast burritos, waffles, egg, sausage & cheese biscuits, oatmeal, etc. However, I do want to apologize for the bed issue you faced. I have forwarded your concerns and room number to our housekeeping department and we are already working to correct the problem. I personally hope you change your mind and give us another opportunity to meet your expectations in the future. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance. - Robert Baker, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was in town with a couple of friends for a weekend, booked a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite. Check-in/check-out was a breeze, Staff was always wonderful when I encountered them. Free breakfast was superb as usual for Residence Inn, free internet worked fine, free parking always a plus in my book. The interior of the building that I stayed in could use a facelift. The hallway carpet looked old and worn, and the closet doors in both of the bedrooms of the suite I stayed in were warped, but still functioned. The bathroom fans were loud, but they sure worked! There was a strong perfume scent that hit me when I first entered the room, but I simply aired that out by opening the windows and turning on the AC fan. There are several restaurants and fast food places within two blocks of the hotel, so it is in a good location. Also, the hotel is right behind a golf course, so it's quiet at night too. Overall, a good stay, and I will probably be back at this property if I am in the Phoenix/Mesa area again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I'm so glad you wrote about your recent visit here to the Residence Inn Mesa. This is a great example on how we can enjoy the kind compliments you've given our hotel and staff, as well identify some areas we can work to improve on. As a team, we sometimes don't see what our guests see - which is why comments like yours are so valuable to a team committed to excellence. I have shared these observations with our entire staff and am confident your next stay with us will be even better than the "Well Done - Solid Hotel" moniker you gave us!!!. - Robert Baker, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This Marriott was very comfortable and had everything we needed for a 3 night stay. The staff was very welcoming and professional through out our stay. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a living area and kitchen that we shared with our 2 teenagers. It was a great configuration for us. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Well appointed but not fancy. It was a bit cold at night but the hot tub was very nice and not busy in the evening. Our room overlooked the pool area, which was a nice view, but a little noisy one night since we liked having the windows open. Breakfast was pretty good, but the same each day (scrambled eggs, sausage, shredded potatoes, waffles). Also fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins. The hotel is 5 minutes from the mall, and 15 minutes from Arizona State. I thought the AAA price was reasonable for what we got. I would recommend staying here and would come back again.

Room Tip: 3 floor facing the pool had nice view but a bit noisy if windows left open
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind comments and observations. It's feedback like this that makes all the little things we do as a hotel worth it! I am so proud of our entire team here and am personally thrilled when our guests share that same feeling. Hope to see you again soon! - Robert Baker, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Very nice hotel. Staff very friendly. Rooms very clean and very nice. It was a little odd that the 2 buildings didn't connect. There was a pool, but there seemed to be a bunch of older people who just sat around the pool and stared at it all day, so I didn't use it. Very small work out room. Nice breakfast that was free. Free dinners on Mon, Tues, and Wed. I would definitely stay here again. Slept very well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your encouraging and humorous feedback! "Very Nice Hotel" is something that we strive for each and every day here at Residence Inn Mesa. You wrote about many reasons our guests choose to stay here, especially our very clean & very nice rooms, very friendly staff, free breakfasts and evening socials. And a huge compliment in our lodging business is "slept very well"! Please note that we also provide complimentary daily passes to the nearby fitness club, upon request, should our workout room not meet your needs Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to your next visit!! - Robert Baker, Director of Sales