“Mesa convention outing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mesa Travelodge

and 1 more site!
Mesa Travelodge
Ranked #43 of 57 Hotels in Mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Yuma, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The place was inexpensive like $30/night. It was ok for the price. If you are wanting a $100 hotel service and room this is not the place for you. If you need a cheep room that is Fairly clean, a hot shower and a prepackaged pastry and coffee in the morning this place may work for you. The comforter was old and had a cigarette burn in it but the room's ac worked well as did the shower and other fixtures. There is a lot of foot traffic in the parking lot as there is a bus stop right there. The owners/workers were none too friendly but were adaquate. This is acctually the second time i stayed here so it must be ok.

Room Tip: There is a place called Sun Devil liquer just a mile north, they have lots of different varieties of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jeb g
Tucson, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last 4 months. It's getting worse! For some reason, I was not able to get the King-size bed that I reserved this time (the language barrier kept me from understanding exactly why). It looked to me as if none of their rooms with a king-size bed were in use (I think one wing of the hotel was totally shut down). There was no apology, no discount, just two double-beds instead of one king. The priceless thing they said was "no extra charge"! I had to laugh...

The bathroom tiles look like they were recently laid by a rank amateur: crooked lines, thick edge-grout, etc. The shower hardware was white with lime, everthing leaked, and the shower water pressure was quite low. I realize this is in a desert where there's been a persistent drought, but really.

The advertised free wireless internet was so slow as to be absolutely useless.

We had a quite room away from the main road, but at about 5:30 AM there was a bunch of noise and commotion as what seemed to me to be "relatives" guests got up and started arguing and generally making a lot of noise. This settled down after about half an hour and the rest of our stay was quiet and uneventful.

The one bright spot was the firm bed. No sagging. Comfortable sleep.

I don't expect much for $40, but I'll try another discount hotel next month.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Owen50
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I got to the hotel and the lady at the front desk was okay-not terrible service or anything. When I went to my room-everything changed. My husband and I were immediately taken aback by the room. The walls were dirty and had all sorts of dirt and discoloration. The fridge didn't work well and the microwave didn't have the plate piece in it. We checked the bed for bedbugs and didn't find any but there were long black hairs all over in between the sheets. The real bad part was the bathroom. There was BLOOD SPLATTER (yes- blood splatter!) on the mirror and on the inside of the door. Like someone shooting up drugs in there or something. It was so bad. So, we asked for a different room. (and we should've just got a refund and got out of there). Our second room wasn't nearly as bad. The bathroom and some mold in the shower that looked like they tried to paint over it. There was trash stuffed between the bed and the nightstand. It was only after we were in bed that I discovered a roach crawling up the wall. There were roaches everywhere. It was so bad. I will never go back. I thought it would be okay because I got a pretty good deal but it was not worth it at all. We are very dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. The deal isn't worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mariah V
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I know that "you get what you pay for" and I paid $50.99 for this room per night, but... I almost always stay at budget places because I don't need fancy services or amenities. I am not at all a high-maintenance diva, just want a clean and safe room. The one thing I do expect from a basic property is CLEAN and this place is very poorly maintained. There were dirty finger and hand prints on the walls, doors, light switches, and lamps. The furniture was extremely scuffed. The pillow cases had black marks. The bathroom towels were so old and stained that they were gray and had brown stains and black burn marks on them. The shower had two sections of mold that you could only see when standing inside it, so clearly the housekeeping staff only clean what they can see. It bothered me enough, that due to a bad cut on my foot, I skipped showering because I was nervous to pick up bacteria or mold from the tiled shower floor. Two of the three lightbulbs in the bathroom were burned out. The bathroom fan continuously stopped working. Although the room offered a safe, fridge, and microwave, I really had the heebie jeebies and would have checked right back out if we were not locked in already to a non-refundable advanced purchase. That is also why I did not complain to the front desk. There were other budget properties very close by that I wish we could have moved to. Beware that the photos on the website DO NOT show this actuall property.

Room Tip: It is nice that you can park right in front of your door.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenJennieJennifer
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The staff and management are the worst I have ever experienced as well as the condition of the room! I've stayed in many places and I will never stay here again! The bedding, carpet, and furniture were unclean and stained. There were holes in the walls and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Also the room had a horrible dirty body odor that was over-powering. You have to wonder what the management is allowing to occur in their rooms. It seems like the type of place that would rent rooms by the hour. Not worth the $100 per night. Any other, lower-priced, motel would be better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tiffany W
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

If you are looking for a cheap place to lay your head at night, this place is OK. However, they don't maintain the hotel very well. It was not swimming season, but I'd think that they still would not want the pool water to be discolored. It was green. There was parts of the Bathroom wall that were warped and looked like cottage cheese under the paint. It looked like they did maintenance to just be good enough for human habitation, not to make the place look good at all. The beds were comfortable enough and there was a safe in the room as well as a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business