Phoenix Marriott Mesa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscafe azulconvention centerconcierge floorordered room servicefire pithotel restaurantstarbucks coffeestay there againolder hotelspring trainingnice propertymain streetking roombreakfast buffetworkout roompool and hot tubup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott many times while traveling. It is always clean, comfortable and very professional. On my last trip, my son left his glasses in the room and we didn't realize this until we were home. Donna, the housekeeping manager, was great in helping us locate them and she had them returned to us via fed ex within days. I can't express how much I appreciated her help! One more feather in their cap. Thanks, staff of Marriott Mesa!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TriciaAnnAlbuquerque
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Awesome! Thank you for reviewing our hotel and to share your wonderful experience with other travelers. I am glad Donna was able to assist in the return of your son’s glasses; she is an asset to our team. We hope to host you and your family again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This stay was part of a conference being held next door at the Mesa Convention Center. I brought my wife so she could have some warm weather away from the cold winter at home. Our room was a standard two-double bed room. Nothing more than I would find at any other budget chain hotel. I would have expected more from a Marriott, like queen beds. And as these were double beds, it made for very close quarter sleeping for the two of us that first night. We went to separate beds for the remainder of our stay.

After I returned home and was going through my paperwork I noticed a line on my original reservation e-mail that said my room type was concierge level. I called the hotel to ask about this and was told that this would have allowed my wife and me access to the 12th floor lounge and free continental breakfast. I was NOT told this at check-in. This would have saved some hassle to find an inexpensive breakfast the three mornings we were there.

There was no microwave in the room. Even a Comfort Inn has a microwave.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response, I do apologize the stay was not as pleasant of a retreat as you expected. Our rooms with 2 “double” beds are part of the hotels configuration since it became a Marriott 9 years ago and leave more space for the rest of the wonderful furniture in the room. We agree having 2 “queen” beds would be luxurious but then our large desks and comfortable chairs would be eliminated. The verbiage regarding concierge level rooms has been discussed with our front desk agents and managers so our guests are more informed and to avoid this happening again in the future. We hope you give us a chance again to make your stay as enjoyable as it could have been.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for several nights recently and I was very impressed. I chose this hotel largely because of its location and an attractive price I found through Hotels.com. Honestly, I figured it would be a run-of-the-mill Marriott and I didn't have unusually high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. I understand the hotel has been recently remodeled, and it shows. The lobby, room, restaurant and staff were all great. Very nicely decorated. The room was a nice size. Comfortable bed, and one of the better hotel showers I've encountered in a long time. Sadly, the price did jump up significantly after my first few nights, so I ended up moving to another hotel when my trip was unexpectedly extended. The higher price actually wasn't bad. It just was more than I wanted to pay for this trip. But I did enjoy my few nights at the Marriott and would definitely stay here again if I need to be in the downtown Mesa area and I can get a special discount rate again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ElliottCooper
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I am so glad you had such a great stay with us! Thank you also for the awesome review. We recently underwent renovation and feel that our sparkling service now matches our beautiful hotel and appreciate you noticing. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Director of Sales

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Quiet location, clean, courteous staff, this hotel focuses on business trade and does an excellent job. Renovations are underway but that did not affect a pleasant stay. Nice workout facility, on-site restaurant adequate. Renovated rooms clean and comfortable. Good value for $.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TXDavid937

Thank you for reviewing the hotel and sharing your experience with other travelers! I am glad you got to enjoy most of our hotels accomodations and facilities. We strive to make every guest business or pleasure feel comfortable and relaxed. Hope you come back to enjoy our place again!

Director of Sales

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent three nights, and we were very impressed. The room was impeccably clean. Many thoughtful touches added to our comfort, both in the room and in the hotel in general. The bed was comfortable, the shower was nice and there was never a shortage of places to charge our electronics. The only thing missing was a microwave. The hotel staff might be the friendliest we've encountered in our frequent travels. Room service was excellent, and the hotel restaurant was also very good. The price was a bit more than we prefer to pay, but I would eagerly stay there again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderingthrulife
Karen_Hunt_phxmm, Director of Sales at Phoenix Marriott Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review of the Phoenix Marriott Mesa! I love reading that you found our facility and people to be impeccable. I apologize you did not get a microwave, we do have some available upon request. Maybe when you visit again, we can have that ready for your arrival!