WINNER WONDERLAND

Windemere Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #45 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
“Solid Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2005

We just returned from five nights at the Windemere in Mesa to visit family. It was a solid value in August. Chad was very helpful with getting us situated in two adjoining rooms with our 5 children. This is a solid two star establishment, but it is really trying to become 2+. I usually require the minimum of a three star/diamond establishment. It was obvious that they are trying to get the place upgraded as best they can with some new furniture and good room cleaning. The breakfast buffet is continental and not "deluxe" as advertised, but sufficient to get you going for the day. My children loved the large but shallower pool and did lots of swimming. We look forward to using this hotel again as a base for visiting our family in Mesa in the future.

2 Thank Pauldrone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2005

I got this with a supersaver rate off the net at 44.25 a night for 9 nights. This is a decent place with large rooms and a nice pool area. One of the drawbacks of the good price, was all the drunk losers that would stay there. Last night there my wife and I could not sleep due to domestic violence going on next door, and 3 days previously a drunk guy threw a table through his patio door. Besides that "excitement", it was a nice place to stay. The claim of a gourmet breakfast is a little misleading unless you call hard boiled eggs and small pastries gourmet. The rooms could use a little updating, but were nice to stay in. The pool was great, except for the fact it's a 24 hour pool, which means screaming little kids at 1 AM when the parents are getting all sauced at the tavern. The neighborhood is right in the area where it goes from nice to a little ghetto-ish. This was in a convenient location with lots of restaurants and stores nearby. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2005

I booked 3 rooms a month in advance, each for 3 nights as my friends and I came down for spring training. We arrived at the hotel around 11am to find the manager showing us with only one room. I actually had my paperwork (which I never bring) showing I had held 3 rooms. After 20 minutes of moving paper around, making me think things would be handled, we're then told that they only have two rooms. At this point the manager's desk has 10 reservations sitting on the counter that haven't checked in yet. Absolutely the worst service I've ever had; he told me he was the manager on duty when I asked to see one. Mumbled the entire time and really just had no idea how to handle the situation. I've since sent an email to the general manager of the property; it's been two weeks and no response. They didn't charge my card, so I'm just going to let it go.

As for the property, it's right off a main highway and the neighborhood isn't particularly nice. The pictures on their website give you a feeling of a location a bit more secluded than it really is. I'm kinda glad it worked out this way, as the location definitely wasn't what I expected.

• Stayed March 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank deverja
Travelers also viewed these Mesa hotels
Sleep Inn Superstition Springs Center
BEST WESTERN Superstition Springs Inn
Mesa Mezona Hotel
Mesa Mezona Hotel
#18 of 57 in Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa

Been to Windemere Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

Property: Windemere Hotel and Conference Center
Address: 5750 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85205-8815
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Mesa
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #45 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Windemere Hotel and Conference Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Windemere Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Windemere Hotel Mesa