All reviews room was clean waffle maker microwave and fridge seen better days an older hotel cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Find another hotel. My room had many things that needed to be repaired. The wall had recently been repaired but not painted. The towel rack kept falling off the wall. The window ledge had cigarette burns. The door to the balcony did not seal when closed. There was at least a 1/4 inch gap even after the door was dead bolted. The shade on the door did not go down all the way. 2 of the 3 lamps did not work. There was a constant smell of marijuana in the hallway. The blanket on one of the beds had cigarette burns in it.
All that being said, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear ReneeB - On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

I booked and paid for this hotel through hotels.com.

Front Desk Debacle:

Upon arrival, the woman at the front desk asked for my card to charge a $5 resort fee (resort haha!) Then hands the card back and announces she charged me for a room as well. I remind her that I already paid on hotels.com and hand my card back for a refund. She grabs another woman, perhaps a manager and neither one of them can figure out how to refund my card. They tell me its impossible and the charge will drop off in a few days. Naturally, I'm annoyed, but I got over it. Fast forward to a few weeks later and I notice the charge never came off. I call the hotel who says they are going to refund my money. A few minutes later, I check my account and I now have a duplicate charge from Econolodge for the same amount of money, and another charge for $0.02. UMMMM okay...?
I call the hotel back and alert the woman to her mistake. She tells me she did that on purpose. Excuse me? You charged my card AGAIN? Without my permission, Again!? She continues to tell me she didn't charge my card it's just "a hold" the same thing I was told last time. Now they're holding twice the amount and $0.02 ..?
I'm still currently waiting on my money to be refunded..... sigh.

Now onto the room and hotel condition:
The hotel is not in a safe feeling area...(for those of you who choose your hotels based on safety.) I was concerned my car was going to be broken into. Also, in the lobby, the front desk staff was yelling at some young kid, telling him he was banned from the hotel for overdosing on their front lawn. Yikes.

I'm a travel nurse and was in a pinch, and needed a place to stay overnight. While the bathroom floor looked clean I didn't take my shoes off or bathe here because I was that concerned.
The bedroom was carpeted and visibly dirty- as in something was spilled, but only wiped off the carpet, not actually cleaned off - so gross. Not to mention whatever white mystery substance that was dripping off the picture on the wall and appeared to have been on the carpet and headboard as well. I didn't spend much time in the room as I worked nightshift at the hospital and my husband used the room primarily as an office that night.

I understand this is an economy motel, and I was in no way expecting anything fancy. But this really was disappointing and honestly gross, and a ridiculous issue with double charging that needs to be sorted out.

On a positive note, staff was polite, even though it doesn't seem they know what they're doing.
AND
I thoroughly checked the bed and room and NO bugs.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Dear Marly - On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2019

Booked 2 king rooms here to stay overnight before driving to Grand Canyon the next day. The place is VERY basic, but the price you pay is not. The amount we paid for 1 night was on par with what we paid for a very good hotel at Grand Canyon, so I feel that the price was not justified.

The lady at the check-in counter was very friendly and accommodating when we arrived well past midnight straight from the PHX airport. Breakfast is also very basic with toast, butter, jam and coffee and juice. There are vending machines with hot pockets and chips if you need anything more substantial.

The hotel is 20-30 minutes from the PHX airport and, if anyone is interested, it is a good place to stay overnight before driving over to Grand Canyon. Parking is also not a problem as there are plenty of spots at the premises.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear Hashani - Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and our staff. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Found this hotel after a travel nightmare of getting delayed here a few extra days. I had a great experience they got me a room right away allowed me to extend as I needed too! Very friendly staff, great location, clean room and wood floors!

I will be back and the price was good too. Good quick breakfast and the pool was nice.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Dear Doglover - Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. :)

Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

Not the best hotel we've stayed at. Room was decent, but the noise in the hallway all night did not make for a very good sleep. No hot water to take a shower after a long day of traveling. Ivey, the front desk is a great lady. Very helpful and pleasant.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2019

Dear Cherod - Thank you for your review. I am very happy that the staff was welcoming and accommodating. My deepest apologies for the noise issues that you experienced during your visit. I do hope that you allow us another opportunity to welcome you and to prove that this was an exception from our normal service standard. Thank you!