WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Big Sky Country
“Comfortable stay in Mesa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our room was clean, well equipped and spacious. The free WiFI was fast and worked great during our stay. The TV could be updated to a flat panel and we couldn't get HBO, which was listed in the guest book. Breakfast was pretty good and all was quiet while we were there. Overall, we had a decent stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris P
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013

tj
frant desk
480-833-1231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

From the outside, this hotel looks like an older establishment that has seen better days. The neighborhood is also a bit drab, which might tend to cause folks to pass this place by. That would be a mistake, as this property actually delivers surprising value and comfort for an equally surprising price.

While the lobby has been refurbished, the interior corridors of the hotel are quite dated and do show a noticeable amount of wear and tear, with a slightly funky smell. But once in the room, things are dramatically different.

My room was large, clean, and comfortably furnished with 2 large beds, a work desk, TV (not flat screen), fridge, microwave, and in-room coffee maker. The pillow top mattress on the bed was one of the most comfortable that I've ever slept on in any hotel, regardless of price. The bathroom was spotless and the shower delivered an ample stream of hot water. I was on the second floor, and there was a small, walk-out balcony that overlooked the pool. Bottom line is that the room lived up to all of the expected levels of comfort and quality for the Clarion brand.

Check-in and check-in were handled by an efficient and pleasant host.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet, but I did not sample it so cannot comment on its variety or quality.

What surprised me most was the price - which was lower than Motel 6.

As this is written, major construction is occurring on the road in front of the hotel, and access to the hotel is limited to those travelling eastbound on Main Street.

Various discounts are available at the brand website including senior, AAA, and association discounts (if you know the discount code).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank step12dude
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear guest

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231

Temecula, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was rudely awakened by a loud pounding on my door, and shouts of time for check out just shortly after 1100 am. When I opened the door, there were THREE hotel employees there telling me it was time for check out. When I informed them that I had extended my stay that morning at the front desk--I was then asked if I needed housekeeping--when I told them no(I was sleeping)--they curtly said I had not had any housekeeping in 3 days!!! Of course, I hadn't had any housekeeping--I sleep in and they don't have housekeeping after noon!!! I couldn't even get clean towels. My trash cans were overflowing. Otherwise, the stay was fine. Room was clean. Everything was in working condition--responded quickly to a light bulb that was out. No elevators--asked for a first floor room and was accomodated.

Room Tip: No elevator service. Poor insulation--stayed on first floor due to lack of elevator service--could...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here years ago and it was bad! Now that it is a Clarion they have completely remodeled the whole place! It's wonderful now and will definitely stay again! Great pool and spa! Comfortable beds! The only bad thing I can say is the construction on the road to get to the hotel is awful!

• Stayed August 2013

clarioni inn mesa
West Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel seemed nice in its appearance and room size, and rates, but when I checked in for the week I discovered the road outside was under construction and down to one lane each direction, the area of town it's in is very seedy and nothing close by to walk through, the room I killed two cockroaches, one I stepped on the other I took to the front desk and complained with no satisfaction received. The room maintenance was poor and if our not out of our room early morning you might not get your room made up or fresh towels as happened to me more,than once.
I was travelling alone so I was away a lot from the room, the very sparse continental breakfast closes promptly at 930 with very limited choices and nothing very healthy. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just stayed here with my boyfriend this past weekend. We really liked the hotel, the rooms were nice and customer service was good. We had a non smoking room and being that it was a non smoking room we didn't smoke in there. They have you sign something that states you will pay 50 dollars if you do, which is normal. I've stayed at many, many hotels and I understand this completely. Well apparently that means actually having whatever you smoke IN the room. Doesn't matter if you smoked in there or not. So on Tuesday the next week I found out they had taken the 50 dollars out of my account, which also happened to put my account in the negative. I wasn't aware of the charge, so from my bank I got charged 35 dollars. Now I'm out 85 dollars because of this. But it's a he said she said [--] and they're not going to refund anything. We were going to stay here again next year, but forget that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013

ontheroad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi was good, nice selection for breakfast. All staff was nice and capable. Property and room was clean. Hallways were an outdated gold color, and not to be mean, but smelled bad due to the cooking in the rooms (need more ventilation to the outside or something shoved under the doors to keep it out of the hallways). Once in the room I could not smell it anymore. Price can not be beat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013

tj