“Room interior was very comfortable, great value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
ontheroad
“Room interior was very comfortable, great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi was good, nice selection for breakfast. All staff was nice and capable. Property and room was clean. Hallways were an outdated gold color, and not to be mean, but smelled bad due to the cooking in the rooms (need more ventilation to the outside or something shoved under the doors to keep it out of the hallways). Once in the room I could not smell it anymore. Price can not be beat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013

Property CHI
tj
frant desk
480-833-1231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were traveling and arrived at the hotel late and only stayed for a few hours. It was very quiet. The lobby was nice. It was a little confusing on finding our room. Areas of the parking lot were blocked off because of construction. The room was nice. The only thing I noticed wrong was there was a container of food in the fridge that was there when we checked in, but everything else seemed clean. The beds were nice and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Property CHI
tj
frant desk
480-833-1231
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Pleasantly surprised to find such a nice room for the price! Perhaps the road construction is hurting business and that is why prices were so low. Enjoyed a very nicely appointed room with comfy king bed, relatively large bathroom, and very well-maintained. Breakfast was very minimal pastry and cereal and lobby and breakfast area were clean but sparsely furnished in contrast to the nicely furnished room. Pool looked very clean too. Staff were polite but not especially friendly.

Room Tip: King room facing the pool was very nicely furnished.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Have stayed here several times over the last 3 years. It is not located in the best of areas but the property it self is very clean inside out. I did not get any "curry smell" as someone else here has stated. We checked in at 4 pm, it was 110 deg F outside and the a/c in the corridors were going full blast keeping the place cool. The room, the bed, sheets, bathroom,towels, etc were spotless clean and would compare with any Marriott! I would stay here again without hesitation as the room is worth much more than what they charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank D B
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Older hotel in Mesa but remodeled. Room was clean and comfortable, no issues. The hotel had the overwhelming smell of curry throughout!!!!

Older tube TV in room, had free wifi but I didnt use it.
Free breakfast in the am, typical carbs and waffles.

Hotel is not in the best area of town, but we didnt have any issues, very quiet and about 2 miles from the freeway.

If I needed an inexpensive quiet room just to sleep I would stay there again. Worth the price.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013

Sierra Vista, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This property was very, very clean. The rooms are nice. The pools were nice. The rate I got off of Expedia was a good one for Mesa. Has a continental breakfast-didnt eat though, and free wifi. The hot tub was large, clean and hot. They accomodated my late check in. These are the positives.

The negitives. Its not in the greatest part of town. Not horrible, dont get me wrong. Cramped though. At check in I was weirded out that the clerk, copied both my id and credit card without so much as a comment about why he was doing such. The other big complaint I have is checking into a hotel in Arizona where the hotel has turned off air conditioning for a significant amount of time. This room was blazing hot and it took HOURS for it to cool down. Just not acceptable for Phoenix and makes the stay uncomfortable. Halls also smell strongly of curry. I agree. Not pleasant. I wound not go back for these reasons. They were big enough reasons to outweigh the great price.

Room Tip: I would call ahead and ask that your rooms air conditioning be turned on prior to your arrival.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear guest.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .480-833-1231

clarion inn mesa

Travelers are raving about these Mesa hotels

West Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed in room 121 from April 30th to May 7th.
First the positives, nice outdoor pool, good size rooms, reasonable rates

Negatives: room dirty, not vacuum or cleaned regularly, I killed two cockroaches in the room, one I took to the font desk, halls smell of curry cooking. The first two days room was not cleaned or bed made. Communication issue with housekeeping don't speak English.
The area around hotel is very sketchy with thing close by.
Main Street is under construction so traffic restricted and very unappealing.
The continental very basic and closes at 9am sharp, not much there

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Donald D
clarioninnmesaphoeni, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken, We are thankful for mentioning all the positive sides which you observed during your stay.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness in their work for us.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Clarion Inn-Mesa/Phoenix. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Sleep Inn
#21 of 31 in Chandler
4.0 of 5 stars 105 reviews
Ahwatukee Foothills
Quality Inn Phoenix Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!