“Very dated” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Tucson, Arizona
“Very dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked this motel after reading some reviews that gave this location some very good ratings, I guess I can say I am very confused if I'm staying at the same place. The lobby should have warned me what the rest of the place was going to look like, the carpeting in the halls and stairs were in terrible condition worn and frayed. The room itself was okay if you were sent back to the 60's in the way back machine, worn and somewhat smelly, but to be fair it was clean and the bath and shower were something not to be afraid of. Lets put it this way, if you are looking for a bargain motel in the Phoenix area that won't break the bank and you don't mind that 60's feeling this location might be the place for you.
Another side note, the pool area,spa and the small workout room were very clean.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013

clarion inn mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Beaver Creek, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Clarion Inn is part of the Choice Hotels and located on Main Street in Mesa, AZ. We booked this hotel for 2 nights for a wedding vs. spending double plus ++ at the suggested hotel in the wedding invite. It was totally fine. We chose the King bed which had a large room and room for a 3rd person if necessary. Turned out we needed that bed. Unfortunately, the hotel was busy and no rollaways were available. We were also told only one room left so we did book that room at a much larger fee for our kids to stay. The front desk told us the price was by availability and March is a busy month for snowbirds. The bathroom was very adequate in size and also a microwave and refrigerator were available. We did have access from a door to courtside pool. It was not heated but many were enjoying the sun. The breakfast area is small but it works. The food offerings were very nice. At present, Main Street in Mesa has construction so a little more difficult to find but a driveway directly in front of hotel thru the construction.

Room Tip: Book early, especially if visiting in winter months/March.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank macraw4d13
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013

Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is walking distance to downtown Mesa, but there was not much there. Did find a couple of good restaurants. The rooms were large and clean but have not encountered thinner walls. We could hear everything that went on in the room next door (and they us). There were connecting doors, which did not help the noise buffering. If you choose this hotel-do not forget the ear plugs.

Room Tip: The rooms were large, but the walls were thin. the rooms have adjoining doors, which allow noise, as...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DonA529

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .480-833-1231

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is a rare find. It is newly remodeled and exquisitely CLEAN hotel, my room was great it had the most comfortable mattress and an awesome comforter wan't afraid to use it as it was spotless.. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast was great for a deluxe breakfast I had so many things to choose from muffins and coffee and juices and hot breakfast sandwich. It has a gym and pool and spa and the great thing is (even though I am not a smoker) they have a great outdoor area that is covered with seating for a smoking area it is outdoors so even if you don't smoke you can out there and hang out! Also there is a cool little pizza joint next door with a full bar so if you want a drink or two you don't have to drive you can walk to your hotel room . I would definitely stay here again recommend this to anyone traveling to Mesa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was very pleased with this Clarion. We had a second floor room, which was a bit cumbersome as we had a lot of baggage and the hotel does not offer an elevator. However, the room was clean and very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly, and the free breakfast they offer in the morning was enough to get us started for the day (cereals, muffins, waffle maker, frozen sausage biscuits, boiled eggs, juices and coffee). The walls were thin... we could hear most of the foot traffic in the hall and the man next door who must have been suffering from a cold or something as he coughed all night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231 my name tj

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Except for the construction on street our stay was enjoyable , place was quiet and clean--great value. I would stay here again if I return to Mesa. Close to Temoe and Scittsdale, where we spent much of our time

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

El Paso, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed in the Clarion Inn the nights of Jan 18-20th, 2013.

Check-in and out was easy (note that Arizona requires a photo ID as well as your credit card, even if you booked online).

The rooms were very clean. I did not use the outdoor pool or jacuzzi but they looked clean as well. I did use the small exercise room and found it clean and everything in good working order.

The beds were great (a comment seconded by two other people staying there the same nights), the room included a very comfortable chair with a long seat and footstool, a desk and chair, a chest of drawers, TV (which I did not turn on), small fridge and coffeemaker (I did not use the coffeemaker).

The closet is not separate - it is open and part of the area that has the bathroom sink - but the hangers were sufficient for my needs.

I really appreciated the bedside lamps, standing lamp behind the lounging chair, lamp on the desk and overhead light on the ceiling. I like to read in bed at night and often find myself moving lamps around, stacking them on phone books, etc. This room gave me plenty of light.

There was a vending machine down the hall where you could get a candy bar or a soda for $1.00. Many hotel vending machines cost a fortune and this one did not. There is also a 7-11 about 3 blocks away.

There is an Internet connection with two terminals in the lobby but the speed was too slow for me. However, I believe that they also have wireless in the rooms.

The continental breakfast was just fine. The choices I remember are waffles, cereal, bagels, Jimmy Dean mini breakfast patties, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries (and probably bread for toast - I just had bagels). There is coffee and a juice machine. They may have had more selections as well. Breakfast was served at 6:00 am which is great because I was with a bird-watching group and we leave around 7:00 am.

There are several restaurants in the area. The only down side was there is construction going on in the street so some lanes are blocked but it was not an issue for us.

So, easy check-in check-out, very reasonably price (I got the AARP rate at $54.00/night plus taxes), clean and comfortable rooms, filling breakfast, lots of parking. And yes, it was very quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ElPasoBirder
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013