“A step up from the average economy hotel”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Normally I stay at the days inn/super 8 type of hotel cuz they are in my budget when traveling. Found this Clarion online and it was a really good deal for this chain. The reviews were good too so I went for it.
Checked in very late (2am) but was no problem, my reservation was still intact. Rooms were clean and decor was nice Really good shower. Beds comfy. What more do you need?

• Stayed: December 2012
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently stayed at the Clarion Inn - Mesa. It was clean, cheap, had a very good breakfast (included), good work out room and the staff was very friendly. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because the internet service was very poor. They did have computers in the lobby and the desk clerk did offer to give us a cord for out laptop, but we have an ipad so it didn't help.
I would stay there again, no problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good internet reception if you need that.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juneAntonella
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The staff were helpful and friendly, the breakfast was great, the room clean, the bed and pillows comfortable. What more could we want when visiting family! The price was very reasonable compared to other motels. We would stay here again if visiting Mesa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hi Dear

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booked 2 rooms. Everything was great except the first night I wanted to take a bath. Luckily I went before the wife. Stepped in tub after turning on water. My foot went out from under me and I ended up half out of the tub with my head just missing the toilet. Had to put bath mat into tub after that. Front desk was informed but did nothing! I could have been seriously hurt? Thought staff would have done more about this? Never heard from Management? I was 70 years old at the time! Me, wife, daughter, 2 kids and daughters Mother-in-Law stayed there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .480-833-1231 my name is tj thank you sir

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My friends and I recently went to Mesa for a music festival that was happening downtown. As this hotel was right down the street from the venue, we decided to stay there. The room was extremely quiet, everything was clean in the room, the air conditioner was a workhorse and the staff was very friendly.

At $50 a night, the hotel was affordable and worth every penny. If you're staying in Mesa or the East Valley and need a place to sleep, I recommend considering this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I had a VA doctor's appointment and it was very convenient to where I needed to be. I used to live in Mesa and this property used to be in an area where I would never have stayed. Since it's remodel and new owners I have no problem staying there and in fact enjoy staying there! Price is right and the people are great!!

Room Tip: Rooms within the area of the pool have a door going outside to the pool. Others don't.......I d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The room was clean, comfortable, and above what we paid in terms of its quality of bedding, furniture and decor. The room included a refrigerator and microwave. I wasn't expecting much of a fitness center, but I was pleasantly surprised to find quality equipment that was comfortable to use. The pool and hot tub were icing on the cake. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but even so, this hotel was the best value we have come across in a long time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231 my name tj