“Another Great Value and Quality Experience”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Cornish, Maine
“Another Great Value and Quality Experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Recently stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Mesa, AZ. With so many choices in that area I felt very lucky to find such a well maintained and well managed facility in such a short time. I was referred to this hotel by Trip Advisor.

The hotel had been recently renovated top to bottom and I was struck by the quality of the workmanship that was evident every where I looked. As a hands on type guy myself, one thing that caught my eye immediately was the beautiful large crown mouldings that had been installed throughout the hotel lobby area as well as the rooms. Detail like that speaks loudly of the care and pride that was employed to renovate this facility.

The room was tastefully appointed and had all of the usual ammenities including a small refrigerator. The wi-fi worked perfectly. The room I stayed in had a second door that opened up to a beautiful patio area next to a good sized swimming pool.

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and well aware of the hard work and care that had been employed to bring this hotel to its present state.

The hotel area itself was quiet and easy to find. And the price for an overnight stay was very competitive. I would definitely seek out this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My family and I traveled from Utah to attend a family members wedding. This hotel looked great from the reviews and was close to the reception area. We reserved three rooms, but only ended up needing two. We were not aloud to cancel, and had to pay for the extra room. I know each hotel has regulations on cancelling, but we were given no leniency which was upsetting because we didn't have 60$ to just waist.
Everything was nice and clean and modern. We were very happy until we found a cockroach in the sink. It was so gross. But that was the only bug we saw the rest of the stay.
Next we were traveling with many children ages 7 to 16 who wanted to swim regardless that both the swimming pool and hot tub were broken and freezing. Before 7 that evening a hotel staff came to yell at us for being too loud and having water splashed outside the pool. I'm sorry if people were sleeping at that time, but being that it wasn't even 7 I did not realize there was a noise ordinance in effect.
The hotel staff from the beginning felt rude and short with us. Not a kid friendly place.
The hotel has very thin walls as well.
The beds were comfy and breakfast good, but we will never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Bailey C
clarioninnmesaphoeni, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn-Mesa-Phoenix for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that things didn’t work out as we would have hoped.

• The man working at the reception desk received additional training in the proper, courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of cockroaches reported in the room, to which you were first assigned and to see to their elimination.

• Management was approached about the possibility of upgrading the Swimming pool and Hot tub.

• Pool staff received additional training in the proper, courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again attempt to stay at Clarion Inn-Mesa-Phoenix. I think you will be greatly pleased and we look forward to welcoming you.

Hotel Manager.
Saint Johns, AZ
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I was initialy leery, since the prices were *so* good online, beating other area hotels hands down, but took a chance due to the high reviews on Trip Advisor.
The hotel is just down from the nicer area of Mesa, but as anyone who knows the area knows, one block looks pretty, the next, not so much. This one is in a "not so pretty" block. And it really doesn't help for looks that their neighbor has barbed wire on the top of the fencing. But I felt safe enough to be here, and was impressed with how many cameras were watching the property from the front desk (at least 9). The entrances around the building require a door key to get in.

The rooms are very basic, but *clean*. Like, brand new furniture kind of clean. It looks like they went through, gutted the property, and redid everything. The bathroom was clean, and had granite and marble, and was unexpected and nice. The amenities are basic, but I bring my own shampoos and whatnots. Honestly, for this price range, if they just keep the rooms spotless and the rates reasonable, we will for sure be back!
And to boot, the people are friendly. I believe I got a "God Bless you" twice as I left the building when we were in and out during our stay. They treated me as a valued customer.

FYI to moms out there: we got a room with a king bed, and the "closet" area in the bathroom is just big enough to fit a pack-and-play in. So, if your little one won't sleep if s/he can see anyone(like ours does), this is a nice privacy bonus. It's a tight fit, though; you have to remove the ironing board and all, and fully open the playpen once it's in place (the door is not wide enough to just roll it in).
All in all, good job guys! This is our new budget-hotel pick for the Mesa area!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Adrianas6
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2011

In October of this year , my Husband and Handi cap Mom & I stayed one night at the Clarion by the Phoenix airport , I searched most all hotel from mid priced to high , best deal and quality was the Clarion ,minutes away from the airport and had the best price . we came from Tucson so to play it safe to make are flight we wanted to spend the night and park our car for 10 days . It was actually cheaper than then parking at the airport . We arrived about 4:00 pm checked in they had choc chip cookies in bags waitng for us , they have a continental breakfast , cereal , eggs make your own waffles , eggs could be better , but we where greatfull for good coffee & with flavored creamers and a ride to the airport ! Came back they picked us up , and our car was safe !!! Thank you Jesus will stay again !!! Oh rooms and beds are very nice !!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom B
Reviewed November 9, 2011

A friend and I spent 7 nights at this motel and are VERY pleased with everything. It has everything we expect from a motel/hotel. Check in and check out was very fast. The room was VERY clean and comfortable. Wonderful beds with lots of pillows. Very comfortable!! Plenty of large fluffy towels and plenty of soaps, shampoo etc. Our room had a Microwave and fridg. in excellent working condition. The room was spotless! Clean Clean Clean. The breakfast was sufficient with plenty of choices. It was very clean. We always felt safe staying there. There was someone at the front desk 24/7. There is a big security camera at the front desk and they can see everything in any part of the motel. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in every way. The owner, Reuban is wonderful. Always available and willing to help. His picture with his family is uploaded with his permission.
All in all, our stay was wonderful and the next time we are in Mesa, we will certainly stay at this Clarion.. Thank you Reub and staff..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen S
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This older property has been nicely updated, and the room was clean and what I would expect from a Clarion Hotel, with comfortable bedding and standard amenities. Check-in and check-out were handled efficiently and cordially. Rates were excellent for the room quality. I would stay here again. The main downside is that this property is located in a not-so-good, somewhat decrepit neighborhood. The manager and staff were personable and went out of their way to deliver good service and to thank me for my business. I am a Choice Privileges Diamond level member (top tier) but do not know if that had anything to do with the excellent service I received or not.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Spent nearly two weeks here while searching for a trailer park in which to play snowbird. This property is CLEAN, the rates outstanding, and the staff very helpful. The neighborhood is no different than any older area of any city, and as safe as any.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple