“Poolside rooms are really spacious”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family flew to Az for my brother's wedding. I was in charge of finding the rooms , not only for myself, but others as well. My sweetheart scoffed at my choice as soon as he heard the rate. He usually stays at the Westin for business and refused to believe that it was going to be good enough for his high standards. When we pulled up, he was still a bit hesitant. Located right on the main drag of old Mesa, the hotel, did indeed, look a little old. I went to check into the modern and extremely neat lobby. The young man that checked me was extremely friendly and helpful as well. The prices are so reasonable. Our room faced the large pool. The rooms, however, were the most impressive. Newly furnished, the modern and lush looking furniture filled the room and the baths were beautiful. I enjoyed the coffee in room and the rest of my family tried out the breakfast offered in the eating area near the lobby. For the price, this is probably the biggest, cleanest, and most friendly place I've ever stayed !!!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are twice the size as the others
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 51Rebecca

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We've stayed at two other hotels in Mesa that I would not recommend, but I DO recommend the Clarion Inn. We stayed in a non-smoking, king bed room. The room looks recently remodeled. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable (lots of pillows!). The day service could have been nicer, but the night guy was great. The breakfast wasn't much to talk about, but it was free and saved us some money. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank bauerstuff
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The staff at the Clarion was very helpful and friendly. Rooms and hotel itsself was clean
and had been updated. The breakfast in the morning had variety and was a nice way to
start your day. We'd go back in a minute!
Betty & Ralph

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I'm a bit reluctant to write this because I don't want this place getting too crowded. I have stayed here many times. It is the best - very friendly, clean, and safe + good breakfast and pool and huge hot tub + it is better constructed than most hotels in this chain with balcony doors and very good air conditioners. Just excellent all around.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are good and that is very rare.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank z1307z
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The Clarion Inn is not too far situated from Sky Harbor where we landed for our US vacation 2011. Besides that, we booked the Clarion Inn (over the internet) cause it is exactly in the good direction for the Apache Trail: our planned direction for the first tripdays.
Our choice for this motel appeared to be a good one. The room was clean, the breakfast good, the staff friendly, the pool fine and the neighborhood okay. And all this for a very friendly price - in fact it was one of our most affordable stays during our three week trip (in april/may) through Arizona, New Mexico and western Texas.
The only strange thing is that the seats in front of the two free hotelcomputers are remarkable low. However, this just might be a bright idea, because of the oncomfortable position you'll be in, you will not be spending (too) much time behind the computer. Very clever!
If you plan to stay in the Phoenix Mesa area, and you hope to find a nice and 'complete' motel without spending to much money, than this is it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed here to be near my family, en route to visiting friends. i chose it because they live in Mesa. It was some distance to their homes but a few simple blocks to the freeway to get to them.
We did not ask for a specific room, only a quiet one, but were given one toward the back so heard no street noise. We did hear some planes in the morning but they did not awaken us. The only problem for me was that there is a balcony which one cannot go to but the setup is such that light come in and I hate light at night. However, moving the heavy drapes helped, as did the sleep mask I always carry with me.
The hotel is old but the room was so clean you could eat off the bathroom floor. The hallway floor is a bit bumpy and up and down but one should overlook that. The price was extremely economical, parking was good, breakfast was good although the breakfast room was a bit small. For a good night's sleep when in transit in the Phoenix Area, it was a good place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back, away from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Very clean,modern, nice pool and hot tub,comfy firm beds and great staff. Close to stores and Starbucks. Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2011