“Would give this 0 Stars if that was an option”
Review of Motel 6 Mesa North

Motel 6 Mesa North
Ranked #35 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. When I went to check in with my fiancee they made her fill out a sheet and gave off the implication they thought we were using it for an "hourly motel" activities. We were checking in relatively early at like 5 PM so the parking lot was mostly empty. Many of the people that were already in the hotel appeared to be living there. Looked into one open door while passing and a family looked like they had been living there for a while. The same room I later heard yelling aggressively at each other nearly to the point of me having to call front desk thinking violence was going to take place. That is not near the worst of it. Got into the room and the bed cover was covered in dust. Went into the bathroom and there was noticeable mold on the walls and worst of all, blood on the shower curtain. Clearly visible blood on the shower curtain! At this point we simply packed up our bags got back into our car and drove south to Chandler to a very nice La Quinta. We were so ready to get out we didn't even bother going to the front desk to try to get the money back. We just wanted out. The nearby neighborhood is mediocre, but the Motel 6 is its own mini-ecosystem of awfulness. I would be embarassed to have my company name attached to this place. I have long stayed at Motel 6 places, but since this event I have not stayed in another one since.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jared625
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Mesa North

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Having stayed here a few times in the past and knowing all motel 6 are pet friendly I suggested this hotel to other family members as we were having a family get together for a week. I booked months in advance a total of 3 rooms with all 3 rooms together. 1 room with 2 beds and 2 pet friendly rooms. they told us there should be no problem. when we arrived we were told there are no 2 bed bedrooms near the dog rooms so we had 1 room upstairs and the 2 dog rooms several doors apart. Now for the fun part, the room upstairs were spider webs ALL over the room! The first dog room smelled like something died there and the sheets and blanket had stains. Both families booked other hotels ASAP. OUR room seemed OK until the second night. A woman on drugs or just crazy started screaming and banging on our door at 3 A.M. After calling the front desk it took them at least 10 min. to remove her. Then until we unplugged the phone we kept getting hangups. Our family members will never again trust us again on booking hotels for them and I don't blame them. I have vowed NEVER to go to any motel 6 again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mike l
Reviewed April 26, 2012

It has been 41 years since my last stay in a Motel 6. It was in Las Vegas and the cost was eight dollars a night. Of course it is more now and it is still affordable today. I just needed a clean room and shower and some AC. I feel they provided that for me with no bells and whistles. This was a convenient location being right next to a freeway. They provide coffee, however I never got to try it because I left early. I would recommend this motel 6. I saw they have a new remodel they will do nationwide that looks very impressive.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I chose this location because it was close to where I was renting a UHaul truck and near where I had stuff in a mini storage and it was close to Sky Harbor. It was a great location for what I needed for a couple of days, and it was close to places to eat and good place for a beer in the Goathead Tavern. It's a great place to sleep, and shower and clean up when you are taking care of other things in life. Would stay again if I need to.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Booked through booking.com & requested non-smokig room. When I arrived, I got smoking. Was told they were sold out & couldn't give me anything else. Had no choice because I already paid & thought we could tough it out. When we got inside the room it smelled so smoke ridden. We thought we could get use to it, but couldn't sleep because of the over whelming smell. The hotel didn't provide shampoo & conditioner even though it's supposively a 2 star. Room was very worn, enamel on the sink & tub were thinning & discolored. It made these areas look very dirty, old & questionable. My friend even wore flip flops in the tub to just take a shower. The pillows were flat, there was no amenities of any kind, such as a basic clock in the room. We were placed near the pool, but it was so noisy it continued past 10 pm & people were running around very early morning banging on doors, etc...I barely slept 3.5 hrs. When I turned in my keys, the receptionist asked about my night, I told her it was not good. She asked for more details & told her about our smoking room. I explained we had asked for nonsmoking. She blamed the booking site for incorrectly assigning. I told her I had the confirmation paperwork indicating nonsmoking from the booking site. She apologized but didn't give me a resolution for the horrible experience. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was NOT worth the amount I paid and the star rating should be a half star. Maybe my experience probably would have been different if I was given what I had requested. They should not be telling booking sites they have particular rooms available when they actually do not. My choice in hotel would have been different.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank lilplummer
Reviewed March 23, 2008

The rooms were clean, Tina at the front desk went above and beyond to ensure guest happiness. For only using the room to sleep in at night, it is perfect. Noise was not too bad, but several cars use the parking lot at night to drive around in and play loud music.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I go in a Motel 6 when I don't arrive to find a motel at a good price during the famous incredible prices fridays and saturdays nights.
I don't like these motels even if they are cleaned and all over the country for low price; rooms are small, furniture aseptized, breakfast not inclused, exept a coffee, no wifi.
But priced are fixed and you know what to expect when you arrive there: No fun but no surprise... you're in a motel 6

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank brunoffrance