“Affordable” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Mesa North
Ranked #30 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
“Affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

It has been 41 years since my last stay in a Motel 6. It was in Las Vegas and the cost was eight dollars a night. Of course it is more now and it is still affordable today. I just needed a clean room and shower and some AC. I feel they provided that for me with no bells and whistles. This was a convenient location being right next to a freeway. They provide coffee, however I never got to try it because I left early. I would recommend this motel 6. I saw they have a new remodel they will do nationwide that looks very impressive.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coquille, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I chose this location because it was close to where I was renting a UHaul truck and near where I had stuff in a mini storage and it was close to Sky Harbor. It was a great location for what I needed for a couple of days, and it was close to places to eat and good place for a beer in the Goathead Tavern. It's a great place to sleep, and shower and clean up when you are taking care of other things in life. Would stay again if I need to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Booked through booking.com & requested non-smokig room. When I arrived, I got smoking. Was told they were sold out & couldn't give me anything else. Had no choice because I already paid & thought we could tough it out. When we got inside the room it smelled so smoke ridden. We thought we could get use to it, but couldn't sleep because of the over whelming smell. The hotel didn't provide shampoo & conditioner even though it's supposively a 2 star. Room was very worn, enamel on the sink & tub were thinning & discolored. It made these areas look very dirty, old & questionable. My friend even wore flip flops in the tub to just take a shower. The pillows were flat, there was no amenities of any kind, such as a basic clock in the room. We were placed near the pool, but it was so noisy it continued past 10 pm & people were running around very early morning banging on doors, etc...I barely slept 3.5 hrs. When I turned in my keys, the receptionist asked about my night, I told her it was not good. She asked for more details & told her about our smoking room. I explained we had asked for nonsmoking. She blamed the booking site for incorrectly assigning. I told her I had the confirmation paperwork indicating nonsmoking from the booking site. She apologized but didn't give me a resolution for the horrible experience. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was NOT worth the amount I paid and the star rating should be a half star. Maybe my experience probably would have been different if I was given what I had requested. They should not be telling booking sites they have particular rooms available when they actually do not. My choice in hotel would have been different.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank lilplummer
Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

The rooms were clean, Tina at the front desk went above and beyond to ensure guest happiness. For only using the room to sleep in at night, it is perfect. Noise was not too bad, but several cars use the parking lot at night to drive around in and play loud music.

Stayed March 2008
Dunkirk, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I go in a Motel 6 when I don't arrive to find a motel at a good price during the famous incredible prices fridays and saturdays nights.
I don't like these motels even if they are cleaned and all over the country for low price; rooms are small, furniture aseptized, breakfast not inclused, exept a coffee, no wifi.
But priced are fixed and you know what to expect when you arrive there: No fun but no surprise... you're in a motel 6

• Liked — price the week ends
  • Disliked — not fun, no wifi, no breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brunoffrance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Price is what this place is all about, 89.60 total for three people for two nights. Stayed in room 138 a double and a twin. Beds comfortable. No odor, no human hair problems, everything clean. We only used it for sleeping, in bed by 11:00pm and out of the room by 7:30. It is suited for this purpose perfectly. Not really directly on Country Club. You turn on to a service road that parallels the freeway. My GPS got me close but a small motel 6 sign on country club with an arrow pointing the way saved me. Did not use the pool but it looked fine. Did not use the ice machine. Did not go to lobby for coffee. Get more towels when you check in. Room doesn't have enough for three people. Cigarette burns on tub. Smoking is a nasty habit.

• Liked — near an amusement park
  • Disliked — the traffic on country club drive
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank MelArizona
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

The hotel itself was okay for a budget motel. The furnishings were in decent shape, the TV and A/C worked, and the bed was comfortable. The carpet was visibly damp near the bathroom. I guess the previous guest didn't know how to operate a shower curtain.

The neighborhood around the hotel seemed iffy to me. Lots of strip malls with vacant stores, lots of paycheck cashing places. But it was some of the other guests that made me uneasy. A couple of young guys were loitering on the second floor balcony, watching each guest come and go. Late at night they got rowdy, yelling at friends and slamming doors. Fortunately I was so tired from hiking that I fell asleep despite the noise, but I was jolted awake at 2:30 am when a girl screamed something right outside my door. Overall I just didn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling from the place.

• Stayed February 2006