“A room that works” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Los Angeles, California
“A room that works”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stopped here, figuring to get a inexpensive place to stay. I had a coupon for the room which gave me a set price, I thought. I found out this place tacks on a $3.00 plus the cost given on the coupon. After paying, I was given a remote for the TV in the room. I could not get it to work with the TV. I took the remote back. It was taken into a back room, and I was again given a remote, not sure if it was the same one or not, and I still could not get it to work with the TV. I took it back, and was given another remote, which I could not get to work. I took that back and demanded another room, which I got. It had no table or chair. I did not complain, I was tired. I was able to use the remote in this room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank dcksnhere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gold Bar, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I would have given this a zero (or even negative) if I was able to. The first problem was the fact that they would not give us the room for the price we had listed. When we got to the room there was a roach in the bathroom, and the room did not look clean at all. We asked for a different room where there were even more roaches all over the walls. We immediately grabbed our stuff and got out of there. The woman behind the counter was very rude and looked very confused as to why we wanted our money back and wouldn't stay there when there were roaches all over the place. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! In addition, to confirm the other comments, there were lots of people hanging around the parking lot/rooms which did look like they were upstanding citizens.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Nyla_RK
Albany, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed previously at the Travelodge on same street at Country Club. Breakfast choices here poor and untasty. Room loud AC and non-working TV. Got another room with even louder AC but the small TV did have a control. Headboard fell off of one bed. Just not clean like we're used to. Needs repainting and replacement of fixtures and furniture. Not friendly. I wouldn't be either if I had to work there.

Room Tip: To get a 'good room' go to another place.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank OregonLogger
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Was there in November 2013. I stayed here to save money - wish I'd NEVER done that!!!! The shower stall was very very small and I'm not big!! Could not even lean over to shave legs. THe beds are old and gross, the sheets are old and gross! Had the kitchenette LOL No utensils, nothing! No place to sit in the room. Very small rooms. Just nasty.

The A/C is right above the headboard, it's very loud and you can't hear the TV because of it. Oh and did I say it didn't cool off good? Flat pillows.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stoutpowers
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Booked room for my sister. Went to see room. When she checked in, was given much smaller room with very old, poor quality furnishings. She felt unsafe in room. Management refused help, refused refund. She relocated to other hotel. Very poor experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Our first introduction was a cockroach crawling on the wall. We imagine the holes in the wall might contribute. The toilet couldn't flush toilet paper and ran all night. More bugs greeted us in the morning. My friend found someone's hair on her bed and marker on mine.

This place reminds me of the disgusting basement apartment I lived in during college. Do not stay here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rebekah K
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our room was falling apart. Roaches were crawling out of the wall. It said we would have a kitchenette and there was nothing. There was no free breakfast, it said complimentary coffee so I go to try that and all they had was a pot of hot water and creamer. It sucks maybe cheap but no worth it. Stay away from this roach motel.

Room Tip: Don't pick any of the rooms. Stay away bugs everywhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Liz S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#25 of 57 in Mesa
3.0 of 5 stars 56 reviews

Been to Knights Inn Mesa AZ? Share your experiences!