“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Only stayed here one night on our way to another destination. We arrived earlier than check-in (1:00 p.m.), but our room was ready and we were checked in quickly and efficiently. The room was spacious enough for 2 with a comfortable set-up, mini-fridge, microwave, flat screen tv & coffee maker. Since we were checked in early, we had time to go to the swimming pool, which is very large and appealing. Then we checked out the bar for drinks and appetizers. Very reasonably priced well drinks and a friendly bartender! Husband used the fitness room and liked the set-up.

Room Tip: A room on the 5th floor overlooking the swimming pool is great, that's what we had.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Iris M, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites, Mesa.
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and make us aware of your pleasant experience. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Iris Molina,
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked in August last minute via Hotwire due to our air conditioner being out. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Although this is an older hotel with normal wear and tear, it exceeded my expectations for the low price we paid.

The room was spacious and clean. The beds were small but comfy, and the decor looks to be recently updated. It included a small refrigerator and microwave. LOVED the Bath and Body works bathroom extras. My only complaint about the room is although there were 3 fire sprinklers, the smoke detector itself was missing :( Also, the knobs on the air conditioner were broken and it stayed on the entire time. I like a cold room so it didn't bother me at all!

Our room had a very large balcony overlooking a nice big pool. The pool had a waterfall/bridge too! The odd shape of the pool made it easy to have our own space without being so close to others. Even though the water was a little cloudy, it provided a cool escape from our very hot house.

The hotel is next to a Home Depot and across the street from a Wal-Mart, with several fast food places within walking distance. The hotel has it's own restaurant, but we didn't try it.

If you stay, be sure to ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. While most of the rooms had a pool view, not all had a balcony.

Room Tip: If you stay, be sure to ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. While most of the rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CanyonGirly
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I travelled to the Phoenix area for a week of business. Was told that this Holiday Inn was a good place to stay.

I read some reviews and was not sure but decided to stay anyways.

I arrived Sunday afternoon and was checked in by Derek. He was a very personable young man and the others at the front desk were also very friendly. It was pretty hot so I asked if he could check if the A/C worked in my room. He called housekeeping and asked them to check, They said ok and never called him back.

I decided to go to my room, a 1 bedroom suite, since housekeeping never called back and the a/c was running fine.

The room was a living room, kitchenette area with microwave, sink and refrigerator and a separate bedroom. The living room was overlooking the pool and the bedroom was on the highway side. Some say it was noisy but I really didnt notice it much.

The room needs updating. The couch in the living room is older but still functional and clean. The bathroom really needed updating. and the bedroom was comfortable and fine.

The curved rod in the bathtub was loose so I asked the front desk to have maintenance fix it. Maintenance came in Monday while I was working and fixed it. However they didn't find the need to call housekeeping to clean up after their mess. When I came back that evening, there was ceiling tile chunks and a plastic wall anchor in the tub. On the floor was a sharp piece of spiral metal. Just lucky I didn't step on that in my bare feet.. I ended up cleaning the tub myself so I could use it in the morning..

Tuesday I worked and when I came back, my room door was open. The door needs to be pulled to be shut tight and locked. Obviously housekeeping didnt do it so it was open for anyone to come in. I called the front desk and they apologized and told me if anything is missing, to let them know immediately. Nothing was.

Thursday was my last night there and when I returned to my room in 104 degree temperature, I guess housekeeping decided after they were finished, it would be better to turn my Air conditioner off. Luckily the room did not get too warm and it cooled down fairly quick.

As a priority club member you really get nothing special, No breakfast, nothing. Although I got a drink coupon good for one free Bar level alcohol. It said domestic beer on tap, well alcohol or house wine. Typically my taste is a little higher than those and I didnt use it. Also what if I didn't drink alcohol ? But, your telling me that they couldn't just say one free drink of your choice. That might have got me in the bar, and I probably would have had more than the free one. But I decided not too. Nothing free there.

They had a morning buffet and full service menu. I ordered the buffet. Typical scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy. Also fruit, danish and other continental items. Coffee included, was $9.95. The staff in the restaurant was very professional.

They have a great pool area that I did not use although I walked past it every day and saw people enjoying it. Also every morning I would see the pool guys vacuuming and cleaning. It really was a good asset for people that wanted it.

Overall, even though there were a few mishaps, I consider it your 'typical' Holiday Inn. Would I stay here again. Maybe. Not completely sure since there are a variety of choices in the area. The location is great but to be competitive, they need to make some changes, and woo the priority club business travelers..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I pre-paid my hotel stay, but there was an issue with the reservations. The desk clerk assured us that there would be no problem...they actually called the 3rd party and corrected the problem. During the week, everyone remembers your name and greets you accordingly. What a great stay we had...thanks Holiday Inn staff & supervisors!

Room Tip: Parking on the South side of the Inn fills quickly. Not much shade there, but more than anywhere els...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tribefan53
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have no complaints about this particular property, but we're getting used to free breakfast buffets at other chains and hate to pay $10 each for the same type of breakfast here. The restaurant is somewhat unorganized, but breakfast from the menu was pretty good. (If you stay here, seek out the "Crackers & Co. Cafe" on the side street behind the hotel...we found them on our last day here and it had wonderful food at reasonable prices!) The refrigerator in our room stopped working and we reported it to the front desk...it was fixed by the time we got back later in the afternoon. Our bed was very comfortable but the bathrooms are small. Kind of a strange setup for some rooms...we were on the 6th floor and our outside door opened onto a balcony that was accessible to three other rooms, so you have to keep your curtains closed if you don't want someone looking in your window. (I'm sure we could have requested a different room, but we just kept our curtains closed at night) Even being on the 6th floor, there was a lot of traffic noise most of the night. Our room was cleaned each day and the staff was always friendly...we would stay here again, but I wish they would give priority club members better perks!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Am a Platium Priority Club member and stay over 125 nights a year at these properties. No breakfast benefit, drink coupon restricted to cheap beer. Very unimpressive benefits for the best customers. Stay at an Express or Crowne Plaza insead.

• Stayed: March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Afficianado,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Mesa!

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Very disappointed that this did not live up to a 3 star hotel due to the inability of the cleaning staff to clean our room. We spent 6 nights at this hotel and had trouble getting them to clean our room, empty trash and leave towels. Had to make 3 trips to the front desk to get action. The bathroom floor was never wet mopped the entire stay and no one ever vacuumed. The carpet needs cleaning.

The swimming pool area was very nice but that is about the only really positive thing I can say.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynata
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Lynata,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your business very much. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. Sorry to hear you received service which was less-than-satisfactory. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback.

Brenda J.