“Home away from home”

Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I'm a regular at this hotel. Staff are great and the rooms are nice. Teena at the front desk is always accomodating and always has a smile. The lobby is very inviting and very welcoming for first time customers. I wish they are more consistent with their breakfast. The rooms are very comfy and got everything you need especially if you're only there for business. I will definitely keep coming back to this hotel when I'm working around the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Located just off Hwy. 60, this Holiday Inn is well situated for the airport, ASU, Scottsdale, and Phoenix in general. The hotel was well-appointed, had free parking, wi-fi, a restaurant and nice pool. Fiesta Mall and many restaurants are located on nearby main streets. The rooms were large with great bedding, a refrigerator and microwave. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the side AWAY from the freeway (Hwy. 60) if you are bothered by traffic noises.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bverbos
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed there for only one night on the 16th. Checked into my room (325), and noticed that the carpet was very sticky all over the room, indicating either too much cleaning chemicals or not enough. Then I went to shower, and as I was showering, 3, count them, THREE cockroaches (approximately 1.5 inch long) fell from the shower curtains and onto my shoulder. I called front desk and asked to change rooms, and was given a reply "Yeah it's an Arizona thing". They agreed to let me change rooms, but I figured what's the point? if their attitude was that roaches were common, then any room within the premise would stand a chance to have roaches.

Never staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank CW2609
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I was very satisfied with the hotel,first of all it is easy to find & access,was clean and attractive looking all the way from the street through the lobby and on to the rooms.The staff was cheerful and very accomodating,especially Karen who is head of house hold,a big smile and a bubbly personality should be her middle name. The resturant,bar and breakfast was very nice as was the attendants.The manager,Ron and Karen and the lovely young lady at the desk made me feel at home.Thanks to all .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Claude K
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Almost. My mother-in-law took us with her to visit friends in Arizona. Both our rooms were fantastic, the staff was very friendly, and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well. Our only real problem was the several room service trays left in the hallway outside other rooms. We called the desk to have them picked up (not our trays, but after 6 hours or so we kind of thought it was gross). We left for dinner, came back a few hours later - still there. Called again. Next morning - still there. They finally got picked up when we stopped at the desk on our way out for the day. But, like I said - other than that I was SERIOUSLY impressed! We'll definitely go there again next time we head down there.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room with a balcony if possible - some have them, some don't.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsN2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It occurred to me I probably should have paid the extra $25.00 for my room to get the $10.85 breakfast buffet. Not really, I should have taken my money else where for a better breakfast that was served not a buffet. I guess I did not read the fine print well enough, but I will probably not stay at a hotel that has different room rates for the same room. Internet was marginal at best, good signal but kept getting kicked out and data speeds were slow. Dinner how ever was a deal and very good. The beer was cold too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bsgrilling
Reviewed August 27, 2011

It was an enjoyable stay, the internet was very fast, the breakfast buffet was inexpensive and tasty, and the pool was very nice!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business