“Great hotel at a great price.”
Review of Days Inn Mesa East

Days Inn Mesa East
Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
SNOWFLAKE
“Great hotel at a great price.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a trip to the Mesa area. The staff was fantastic. The hotel room was in good repair. The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was great compared to similar hotels. I will stay there again the next time i am in Mesa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Snowflake
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The facility is quiet. I travel all over Arizona for work and when in the East valley, this is the hotel I always choose. A great value, especially compared to similar hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were average for the price, and the location is convenient. If you're looking to relax poolside, book elsewhere. The pool area is somewhat remote, in an awkward area of the parking lot separate from the actual rooms. Due to a health issue, it is necessary for me to use a walker. The pool area was not handicap accessible at all. The area looked run down, the place that used to be a hot tub is now a concrete slab. My daughter attempted to swim, but the water temperature was too cold for her to enjoy the pool. We asked for a refund so that we could relocate to a place that would meet our expectations and needs. Initially, the clerk refused to issue a refund, stating that we had already turned on the a/c unit in our room and therefore were not eligible for a refund. Because we persisted, the clerk contacted her manager who authorized a refund. We relocated to a slightly more expensive hotel and it was well worth the extra money and effort spent to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Summer L
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here 4 months ago and still have bad memories so wanted to come back and blast a few more posts. The pool and jacuzzi was in total disrepair Feb 2012 and still is per other reviews--the photos posted labelled Jan 2012 are NOT current. Our room had no light fixture in bathroom, exposed access hole in the bedroom with exposed pipes and debris inside (2 ft from the bed), and dirty tub with hairs. I called corporate and they advised the manager would call me back within 2 business days--never heard from them again. Corporate refunded me half my fee which still wasn't enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jzphx
Tarun B, Manager at Days Inn Mesa East, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I apologize for the concerns you experience during your stay at our hotel back in February. We have corrected all the items noted since your visit. Again, thank you, Tarun
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We unfortunately booked this hotel for 2 nights, the rooms were average. That is to be expected for the type of place. We were very disappointed as it was 108 outside and the pool was beyond nasty. There were no signs posted to stay out and there should have been. I guess they must think it's OK to swim in green water with stuff floating at the top that none of us were sure what it even was.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bggdas
Your suggestion regarding the pool closure is a valid point. I have viewed your comments with our staff, please except my apology and I hope you will return in the near future. Thank you, Tarun
new hampshire
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Customer service is nonexistent.

I booked a room here but the reviews starting getting worse. I tried calling the hotel AND emailing them to ask about adding a night. Never heard back from either method!?!

I cancelled my hotels.com reservation taking the loss on the non-refundable rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank msurtees
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We apologize for the communication errors with your reservation, we recently conducted a training class with our entire staff to improve the overall guest experience. Thank you, Tarun
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I arrived late, around eleven, and I think I woke up the attendant. My room was what I asked for, an upper away from traffic. The room was a bit bare, but it was clean and quiet. The breakfast also sparse, but I was ready to hit the road and the location allowed me to head east without facing the heavy traffic of the valley. Would I stay here again? Probably, but I'd still look for other deals as well. Pool area looked worn.

Room Tip: Upper, away from traffic.