“Small discoveries ...”

Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed December 14, 2009

A great location, near the freeway and a stone's throw from Fiesta Mall.

The lobby is bright and the staff is friendly. Friendly, perhaps, because they're able to make personal calls during work hours. I went to the front desk four times -- and waited for the staff while they were on the phone talking to their friends. How do I know they were talking to their friends? Well, they were saying things like, "Man, where are you? No, I get off in a few hours..."

The other two times I was at the desk, the agents were dealing with other hotel employees. I waited patiently while they finished their conversations.

The room itself was bright and had easy access from the outside. I did my quick tour and found the bedding comfortable; ample outlets for electrical devices; and complete blackout drapes should I decide to sleep in.

I was surprised that there was no fridge in the room.

I did my inspection of the bathroom and found the following: The toilet paper dispenser had been taken off the wall and left on the toilet with the roll of toilet paper. It was as if they weren't expecting me that night.

There was hair on the bathroom floor -- something I had read about in a previous review.

And there was also hair in my sink. I knew it wasn't mine -- as it was a different color.

And finally, I opened the closet door -- which was empty except for a few hangers, an iron, an ironing board -- and a beer bottle cap on the floor.

I decided that these small discoveries would not make me think less of this Courtyard property. Perhaps they really weren't expecting me. But I remember prior to arriving talking to the front desk agent who said -- "We have lots of rooms and should have no problem accommodating you!"

I guess lots of rooms didn't necessarily mean clean rooms.

Still, it was a pleasant experience. Would I stay again? Hmm...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed October 15, 2009

The hotel is easy to locate, great value, wonderful breakfast, great little business centre. The pool and whirlpool located in the courtyard made sun bathing very relaxing. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff MORE THAN HELPFUL! I needed a late checkout, and they were very accomodating. Great fitness centre with tv's; clean and economical coin laundry on site. They recommend "Sullivans" a little Irish pub across the street. The staff there is fabulous, nice people, good food, and Happy hour !
Don't waste your time looking elsewhere...book here you won't be disappointed. The only thing missing is a full length mirror in the room.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed here this last weekend while we looked at potential homes in the area. This is a nice clean hotel. The room is a standard Marriott room, small but clean and functional. There is free coffee in the lobby. The pool is nice sized and clean. There is only one computer in the lobby, so if you need to print out your boarding pass and someone is using it, you are out of luck, like we are. This is the first time I have ever seen just one computer. Breakfast is really good, but overpriced. We did end up eating here one morning, but only because we were on a time constraint. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to people having to stay in the Mesa area. It is a bit hard to find, but once you do, it is easy in and easy out.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This was the first stop on our 2009 Arizona road tour. Location was good as it's close to the main interstate. You will need a car however. We ate at a steak house just across the street from the hotel and you have more choices in the local area all within easy walking distances. Breakfast was very good although you do pay 12 dollars for the privilege, you take your pick whether to or not. Parking is ample and free. Our room was on the top, second floor. It was clean and of a good size. All the staff we came across were friendly. The hotel has a good sized pool with towels available. We used the pool after breakfast each day and virtually had it to ourselves. Would have no hesitation in staying again. Oh and they also had free wireless internet access in the room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2009

This hotel is cleand from top to bottom. The bed and bedding was excellent. If you are looking for the refer, it is in the dresser under the TV.
The pool looks nice, didn't use it.. The is a total no smoke hotel. Very easy to get to ASU. One street all the way. The printer in the business area did not work all weekend, and there was no back up. We did get our printing at the front desk. So, not too much trouble. There is ONLY one computer in this section. Breakfast is a little pricey, nine cont. or eleven for full. Nothing special, but tasty and filling. The coffee is excellent in the room and the lobby. Very near the 60 freeway and minutes to the 101 loop. I would go back again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This Courtyard is a great place to stay . It is close to the Fiesta Mall and numerous restaurants. Room are neat and clean with no foul oders . Check in and out very quick and staff always has a smile . they have a small business center and pool . Parking is free and they also offer a breakfast in the morning for a fee . They have fresh coffee and water all day long . Ice machines are close to each room . Great selection of Tv programming . Even as the place was busy you do not hear alot of noise once in your room . We will be sure and go back next spring .

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank SCOUTFROMTHENORTH
Reviewed April 3, 2009

This was the most poorly ran hotel I have ever been too. The managers were very rude and made our trip a hassal. It took one hour to get picked up from the airport and almost two hours to get back. We tried to have them clean our bathrooms when we first arrived because it was filthy and that took forever. After all that the manager made us feel like we were an inconvenience to them. Dont take a chance by staying here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank vaction123Anaheim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hilton Phoenix/ Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler

Been to Courtyard Phoenix Mesa? Share your experiences!