“Not the Ritz, but just fine”
Review of Ramada Mesa

Ramada Mesa
Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a pet friendly room with two double beds. The additional charge was for $20.00. The room was fine, other than the bed lamps were on the wall mounted low and located at the middle of the bed. Goofy. Breakfast was ok. Look for a discount, the "rack rate" is a bit spendy. Very nice front desk staff, and friendly. We would go back again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. No we are not the Ritz but we do our very best to make sure all our guests have an enjoyable stay. I agree about the lamps and in fact they will be changed soon. I am glad you found our pet friendly property satisfactory for your 4 legged family member. I do hope you will come and see us again the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Kathy

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were in Mesa for 8 days of hiking and sunshine. We had some early room problems but the staff worked very hard to correct everything. Everyone we worked with was friendly and nice. Loved the hot breakfast and the daily variety. The only downside was that we were poolside too near the smoking area and everyday had the smell of cigarettes in the room when we returned.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review of your experience. I am sorry for the odor from our other guests smoking. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come and see us again the next time you are in Mesa. I know you have many choices when traveling and appreciate your choosing to stay with us. Our team works very hard to make sure our guests are happy with their stay.

Kathy

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Okay place to stay but there are better places near buy with at a lower cost. Down town Mesa is cool there are some mice restaurants within walking distance. Over all I would probably not stay here again, for some reason they ran out of coffee for the room coffee maker. The nice man at the desk did offer some ground coffee with no filter for us to use but without a filter is was useless. They do have a nice pool area if you need a place to splash around with the kids.

Stayed: January 2014
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. I am very sorry about the coffee issue. It certainly wasn't handled properly. We take pride in our pool area many of our guests enjoy it. I am happy too to let you know we are in the process of a major renovation inside and out in 2014. I am sorry to hear you don't think you would stay here again. I do appreciate your past business. I know you have many choices when traveling and hope you find your next experience more to your liking.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel could use remodeling both inside and out. The room reeked of a smell I can only compare to that of a veterinary clinic. When we opened the bathroom door, the bathroom smelled like a sewer, but the smell disappeared after we propped the door open for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I am very sorry about the odor issue. We do have maintenance on staff 24 hours a day. I am glad the odor was resolved but would have preferred taking care of it for you. We are in fact going to be conducting a total renovation this year. I understand that you have choices when traveling and hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Sincerely.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was curious what we would find after reading some mixed reviews, but we had a very pleasant experience. The young man that checked us in was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and spacious enough for our family of 3 to spread out. We only ate breakfast once while we stayed, but it was excellent. And the breakfast hostess was very friendly. The pool was clean and very warm. I recommended the hotel to family that is coming to town later in the month, and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found it pleasant. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with others. As with any business we are not perfect but we do take pride in providing great customer service to all our guests. We know you have many choices when traveling and hope you will come and see us again on your next visit to Mesa.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is an excellent quiet and clean, motel with a complete breakfast. This breakfast can save considerable cost in restaurant meals.m They always accommodate any special needs that I may have. I have stayed many times in the Christmas/New Years time frame and it is always good..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I am glad to see "Especially Breakfast" in your comments about your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our breakfast hostesses and the service they provide our guests. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with others. I hope you will come back and see us the next time you are in Mesa.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

There is NO elevator. The outdoor hallways are very noisy with families and screaming children mostly before 10pm. In case you thought you had a private cell phone conversation out side your room, I could hear every word. There is NO insulation, so voices in the hallway, even quiet voices, can be heard easily. No water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy yourself. We try to make sure we exceed our guest’s expectations. It is important to get feedback so we can improve our property and service. I apologize for the noise and water pressure issues you experienced. Not having an elevator can be inconvenient but we do our best to make sure guests who can’t climb stairs are found rooms on the first floor. I appreciate your past business and hope you find exactly what you are looking for elsewhere the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Regards,