“Needs a remodel ”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mesa, Arizona
“Needs a remodel ”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Okay place to stay but there are better places near buy with at a lower cost. Down town Mesa is cool there are some mice restaurants within walking distance. Over all I would probably not stay here again, for some reason they ran out of coffee for the room coffee maker. The nice man at the desk did offer some ground coffee with no filter for us to use but without a filter is was useless. They do have a nice pool area if you need a place to splash around with the kids.

Stayed January 2014
Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. I am very sorry about the coffee issue. It certainly wasn't handled properly. We take pride in our pool area many of our guests enjoy it. I am happy too to let you know we are in the process of a major renovation inside and out in 2014. I am sorry to hear you don't think you would stay here again. I do appreciate your past business. I know you have many choices when traveling and hope you find your next experience more to your liking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Arizona
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel could use remodeling both inside and out. The room reeked of a smell I can only compare to that of a veterinary clinic. When we opened the bathroom door, the bathroom smelled like a sewer, but the smell disappeared after we propped the door open for the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I am very sorry about the odor issue. We do have maintenance on staff 24 hours a day. I am glad the odor was resolved but would have preferred taking care of it for you. We are in fact going to be conducting a total renovation this year. I understand that you have choices when traveling and hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Sincerely.
ND
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was curious what we would find after reading some mixed reviews, but we had a very pleasant experience. The young man that checked us in was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and spacious enough for our family of 3 to spread out. We only ate breakfast once while we stayed, but it was excellent. And the breakfast hostess was very friendly. The pool was clean and very warm. I recommended the hotel to family that is coming to town later in the month, and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found it pleasant. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with others. As with any business we are not perfect but we do take pride in providing great customer service to all our guests. We know you have many choices when traveling and hope you will come and see us again on your next visit to Mesa.

Calif
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is an excellent quiet and clean, motel with a complete breakfast. This breakfast can save considerable cost in restaurant meals.m They always accommodate any special needs that I may have. I have stayed many times in the Christmas/New Years time frame and it is always good..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy H, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am glad to see "Especially Breakfast" in your comments about your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our breakfast hostesses and the service they provide our guests. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with others. I hope you will come back and see us the next time you are in Mesa.

Cheyenne, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

There is NO elevator. The outdoor hallways are very noisy with families and screaming children mostly before 10pm. In case you thought you had a private cell phone conversation out side your room, I could hear every word. There is NO insulation, so voices in the hallway, even quiet voices, can be heard easily. No water pressure in the shower.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy yourself. We try to make sure we exceed our guest’s expectations. It is important to get feedback so we can improve our property and service. I apologize for the noise and water pressure issues you experienced. Not having an elevator can be inconvenient but we do our best to make sure guests who can’t climb stairs are found rooms on the first floor. I appreciate your past business and hope you find exactly what you are looking for elsewhere the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel management does not seem to care about the guests. We had booked the hotel using our points for two nights. But they billed our credit card for the second night. We were locked out of our room on the first night. After waiting in the hallway for over half an hour we were finally inside our room. They had to break the lock (the battery was dead) and the maintenance person worked on it for over half an hour while we shivered in our room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry you found us to be unprofessional in the manner we handled your issue. I had hoped that providing 1,000 Best Western Reward Points would have been satisfactory for you. I again apologize for the lock problem and the time it took to fix it. Unfortunately, mechanical problems happen. We did not charge your credit card for any of your stay. Our staff tries very hard to minimize occurrences that are disruptive to our guests. We will use your feedback to improve our property and service.

Regards,
Overland Park
Reviewed January 2, 2014

BW Mezona Inn...great value...decent location. Staff is great, breakfast is good, pool and hot tub are clean, daily cookies and newspaper, felt fairly safe, would stay here again. Professionally run operation. Not necessarily a great place for late night walks, but otherwise...a winner!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. Glad to hear we are a Winner with you. It is our goal to deliver great service, clean rooms and good value to all our guests. It is nice to know when we succeed. I appreciate your business and your taking the time to advise others. I hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you are in Mesa.