“Far surpassed my limited expectations”
Review of Ramada Mesa

Ramada Mesa
Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I read all the reviews before making my reservations. Most were very good but a few were negative. I felt the good outweighed the bad so went ahead with the reservations. I stayed eight nights while helping my son and his family get ready to move back to the east coast so was gone from the hotel from early morning til late in the evening. Also, I was by myself. Overall I certainly enjoyed my stay at the Mesa Best Western. The hotel and room were clean and housekeeping/maintenance responded promptly to any requests I had. I liked the "old town" area and the breakfast was good. My only complaints were that the hot water in the shower never got warm enough and would have preferred a softer bed, though I slept very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I appreciate your time and consideraton in sharing your experience with others. I am sorry about the hot water, as it turns out we had a water heater down which has been replaced. I am glad you enjoyed the area as well. Many of our guests enjoy the small town feel of our immediate area. I hope you will stay with us again when travel brings you to Mesa.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here to have close proximity to The Landmark restaurant and the airport for our flight the following day. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The pool was clean and refreshing. The down side was the ball players from the Cubs that were loud, obnoxious, and apparently had nothing to do but hang outside of their rooms and yell at each other. Two players actually cussed each other out, which brought out a few onlookers from their rooms. It was a little uncomfortable, but they didn't really bother anyone. I did wonder where their coach was. A little discipline would have helped. The staff seemed to be used to the chaos because nothing was done to curtail it. So when booking here, ask if any teams are staying , and if so, enjoy your loud stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is always nice to get feedback so we can improve our property and service. I apologize for the baseball players being noisy. Our staff has been trained to minimize any disruptions but obviously failed this time. I will definitely bring your comments to their attention. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Mesa. We love being close to such a great restaurant as the Landmark.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Excellent variety of breakfast items with something new each day. Helpfull, friendly, and talkative staff in the breakfast area. A great way to start the day! Outdoor lighting in the parking area could be improved.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast. I appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with this review. We just had a consultant at the property yesterday to get a bid on upgrading our lighting. We are looking at LED lighting to brighten the area and also provide energy conservation, which is very important to us and our enviroment. I hope you will stay with us again the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have now stayed at this facility two times in as many years. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the location is as central as you can get in Mesa, and the price is always right. What more do you want?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your experience at our property. I appreciate your loyalty to the Mezona. Repeat business is key to our success. I hope to see you on your next visit to Mesa.

Kathy

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed here several times, and always enjoyed it. It is a good old-fashioned drive-up-to-your-room Motel in the Best Western chain. There is a second floor with stairs, no elevator; but that makes up for the lack of an exercise room. Small pool and jacuzzi; good breakfast; plenty of amenities in the clean, comfortable rooms; big widescreen TV's in rooms; good restaurants within walking distance; fast wi-fi; free newspapers; and lots more. Right in heart of Mesa at the corner of Main and Country Club. Light rail is coming to Main St. with a Country Club station; so transportation will be even more convenient in the near future. No airport shuttle, however.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor, so I can drive up to my room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PadreUsa
Kathy H, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I appreciate your taking the time to share this review about your recent stay with us. It is always great to get positive feedback. Our guests satisfaction is very important to us. I am glad you mentioned the location, which I think is one of our greatest assets. The light rail will make travel to and from the airport quick and easy. I hope to see you again when travel brings you to Mesa.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Being in the fire service I want a nice place to stay. Noise level is very low. Slept very well. You will not be disappointed if you stay at this property. Its a class act. I recommend this Hotel to any one who needs a home away from home. Beds are very comfortable. The employees are very polite and very knowledgeable and willing to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your service and taking time to write a review of your stay. " Home away from Home" is exactly what we strive to be to all our guests. It is a pleasure to know you feel that way about us. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. The room was next to the pool, clean and cosy. Cookies at the front desk every day was a treat. Breakfast was included and good. Only drawback was hot tub needed a tuneup.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments about our property. It is always good to hear that guests have stayed before and chose to come back. We do our very best to assure each guest experience is beyond their expectations. I appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.