WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Large,clean room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our room was large,clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly. Had to delay our trip one day and when I called to make the change they were very accomodating and congenial. Never got out and about to try their breakfast, too busy relaxing. On the downside, TV reception wasn't very good, especially with all the football games on over Thanksgiving. When we checked out we were told the next week TVs were being upgraded, so this is probably a mute point. We were in the very back of the hotel with easy access to parking and very quiet. Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happysrcit
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your taking the time to write about your experience. Yes, the new televisions are installed and the reception is perfect. Please come stay with us again the next time you are in Mesa. Have a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.

Kathy Hay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Could tell from the service that the hotel deals with a higher than normal volume of patrons and locals trying to take advantage of the hotel and amenities. The staff was oriented to treating the paying customers with layers of preservation tactics and procedures.

Was not impressed with the staff, both at the continental breakfast and on checkout attendants. The cleaning staff missed cleaning the room one of three days.

On the positive. The location was perfect for where we needed to be, beds were comfortable, swimming pool and hot tub were well kept, room was good size and adequate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank MARK C
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize for the staff not satisfying you with the service level. It isn't a comment I hear often, so when I do it is concerning. Customer service is very important. Overall OK stay isn't what we strive for but I appreciate your observations. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations next time you are in Mesa. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice clean hotel in Mesa. Good location, close to lots of things in Mesa including shopping. Very clean swimming pool, well heated. Property is clean and well maintained. Breakfast was okay, same as at many other hotels.
This was a family get together for a memorial service. At time of check in we had a hard time getting our rooms close together. I told the check in clerk I was very disappointed and she made it happen for 4 rooms but not with a smile. She also told me she would give me the Internet rate but the rooms are actually more expensive because they looked out over the pool. One of the rooms was in a breezeway with no view what so ever. My sister had requested adjoining rooms since my 91 year old mother was with her. She did not get it because it was a "internet reservation". Other then the check in clerk everyone else was very friendly.
We stayed for 3 nights and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Josie K
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our property. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and the inconvenience caused to you and your family. I know it is important to keep the family close together when traveling. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you under better circumstances. Please feel free to contact me directly next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Chester Basin, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in 5 hotels on my recent trip to Arizona, this one was hardly memorable.
The location is very good, close to lots of things in Mesa. Hated my room location right on top of the rear stairwell not even close to the pool although there seemed to be plenty of those rooms available, this is a fairly large property. The room itself, bone dry soap dispenser, light bulbs blown except 2 , not very clean, it seemed like no one had used this room in quite awhile. On the bright side, a very helpful maintenance man came quite quickly to rectify the problems. Every ice machine was broken on the entire property the day and night I was there although it appeared at check out that some machines were up and running again. No tropical feel to this hotel as it was at Best Western Papago in Scottsdale, rather bare with no ambiance, I could have been in any city anywhere, certainly didn't feel like I was in the Southwest ! The lone front desk clerk was very polite but obviously over worked, he was there very long hours, there at check in one afternoon, overnight and still going the next afternoon, any labour laws there I wonder ?? I felt for him. For the price I paid I suppose I was satisfied but would not return to this hotel in the future, ground floor room would have been my preference, definately ask to stay away from the stairwells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank blondie091
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I appreciate your staying with us and bringing these issues to my attention. I apologize for the ice machine being broken the room location and for any cleanliness issues you experienced. I am glad to hear our maintenance and desk staff made a favorable impression. I have taken the necessary steps to assure future guest will not find the same conditions. I assure you that we work hard to prevent our guests from the experience you encountered. I do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you. I know you have choices when traveling and hope you will continue to be loyal to the Best Western Brand.

Chatham, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We were in Phoenix for a wedding and this hotel is very accessible to all areas of Phoenix. It was clean, the pool was great, the breakfast was more than just continental and Kathy in the breakfast area even told us how to get to "local" places and sites to see....all staff were very helpful and professional. The hotel is on the older side but clean and functional!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Settema
visamo, General Manager at Mesa Mezona Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your choosing to stay as well as your kindness in writing the review. I will mention to Kathy that her directions were good. I look forward to seeing you the next time travel brings you to Mesa.

Eagar, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. This is a very large property. The rooms are clean and well maintained. We did not partake of the breakfast because of a misunderstanding (on our part). The breakfast room is not laid out very well for handling the number of rooms on the property and at first look does not have adequate seating. We decided to skip the free breakfast and go elsewhere. Our mistake. They have a conference room adjacent to the breakfast room they open up to handle the volume. Other guests told us the breakfast was excellent. We extended our stay by a day and the front desk arranged that without any problem. Nice pool, well maintained, and at 10:00 pm the pool area goes quiet. Plenty of parking even for 18 wheelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence R
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing such a great review. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We are planning on expanding the area soon. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Mesa.