“Perfect Weekend Getaway”

Ramada Mesa
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I chose this hotel because I enjoy Best Western and the proximity to ASU's Gammage Auditorium where I was attending the play Wicked with my sister. The room was clean, the beds and pillows were very comfortable, the Continental Breakfast was very good, and the hotel staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I plan to stay at the hotel again the next time I need to be in the Tempe - Mesa areas.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
visamo, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

We appreciate your staying with us and writing such a nice review. Our location is great for activities anywhere in the Valley. I look forward to having you as our guests on your next trip to Mesa.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I recently spent time at this property and loved every minute of it! It was clean, the pool was fantastic and the price was right!
I would highly reccommend this to anyone that would like to stay downtown!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
visamo, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

I am glad to hear that the Mezona was a part of your Best Trip Ever. Creating memories that last, that is what we strive for with each of our guests. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our area. Thank you for your loyalty and taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Our love affair with the Mezona began several years, when we drove into Mesa without having made advance motel reservations. Being from Minnesota and recently retired, our plan was to stay in the area for a month or so. We looked over a couple of other motels, before deciding on the Mezona. We were going to give it a try for a night or two, and then move on if we didn't like it. That was ten years ago, we are still coming back, and would not consider staying anywhere else. The number of returning guests have become our good friends, and we look forward to seeing and spending time with them each year during our stay at the Mezona. The entire staff is friendly and courteous. We love the spacious rooms, complete breakfasts, and the nearby restautants and museums. It's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We always choose the poolside rooms, either upper floor or downstairs and never been disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kent s
visamo, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was our pleasure as always to have you as our guests. We look forward to seeing you next year. Take care and enjoy those grandchildren.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

What a great place to stay. Very friendly staff and exceptionally clean rooms. Great breakfast and parking is excellent. I'll be back as usual. Been coming here for almost 10 years and I will be back. Thank You Kathy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
visamo, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Rich,

It is always a pleasure having your group stay with us. We appreciate your continued loyalty. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Travelnow.com said it was 5 miles to the Mesa gateway Airport- its 22 miles
They also said the property was recently remodeled, another lie.
The Heat did not work. The wake up call we asked for never came. My wife had no hot water in the morning.
They said the property was non-smoking, another lie.
The rate was too high for this place, it should be 49

Room Tip: just choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear William,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At the Best Western Mezona we strive every day to provide superior customer service. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

I assure you that your experience is not common. I am sorry we didn't have the opportunity to rectify any of the issues noted during your three night stay with us. You are correct that our property isn't 5 miles from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. There is a Best Western property 5 miles from the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. so that may have been incorrect information given by travelnow. I checked the site and didn't find us listed as 5 miles away. I am most sorry that you feel we lied to you. That is simply not true. Our integrity is important to our success.

I hope you will consider staying with us or other Best Western Properties again.

If I can provide any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (480) 834-9233.

BEST WESTERN Mezona Inn

Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is an awesome hotel! We were greeted by the most courteous staff, clean rooms, right downtown Mesa.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
visamo, General Manager at Ramada Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for your review. It is always good to get feedback from our guests. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

As someone who travels a lot, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. You start to expect less and less of hotels nowadays. There is a daily breakfast buffet comprised mostly of cereal, waffles, fruits, eggs, juice, pastries, and breads. They switch the type of special they have each day: biscuits and gravy; bacon; sausage, etc. It's not high grade food but it does the trick. There is someone attending the food to make sure the food is there for the next person and clean. The rooms are a little dated, but for the price they are pretty big. We had a 2 bed room. HBO, a fridge, high speed internet and a helpful staff. I had one complaint to the desk about the internet and someone was knocking on my door asking if everything was good; and they let us put our bikes in the lobby. We had our black lab with us for only an additional $50 (one time fee). No glitz and glamour but definitely a hotel I will recommend to everyone in the area. It's also within walking distance to nearby little restaurants, taverns, museums, and night life.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sheenerb20

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our guests opinions are important to our continued success. I hope you will stay with us again when travel brings you to our area.

Kind Regards,