“Nice place but noisy”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #37 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This hotel was great, the free breakfast was great. The breakfast was inside a restaurant on the premises and served a buffet of eggs, potatoes, sausage and cereal, breads, waffles. Hotel was clean and nice, bed comfortable, but they had several rugby teams staying there who were very loud, yelling up until midnight. I think they should have some sort of security that enforces some reasonable noise curfew, I think they have teams stay there often. Otherwise, great place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
vschlicht, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area

Reviewed November 13, 2010

My Husband and I stayed here for a family funeral. The hotel is conveniently located to all major highways, and about 20 minutes from the Phoenix Airport. There is a Starbucks across the street. The Good Egg is also across the street, and has a very good breakfast menu. The hotel also serves a breakfast buffet which includes all the basics. It was OK and free. The hotel has a heated pool which was very nice and clean, and ranges from 3ft deep to 6 feet deep. They also have two large spa pools that are heated to 104 degrees and are about 3.5 feet deep. The round spa is located near the suites, the other spa is located with the pool. Rates are reasonable and our room was nice and large. King bed was very comfortable, and there was a mini-fridge, hair dryer, and full size iron and ironing board in the room. Grounds and common areas are well kept up and nicely landscaped. The hotel also offered us a bereavement rate, which we certainly appreciated. I'd stay there again when in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I recently booked a stay at this hotel for only one night. My first gut instinct when driving into the property was not good based on visible signs of an old, outdated hotel. The area around the hotel property was dirty with bags of trash sitting outside. The building was definitely in need of structural repair. Then when I walked into my room the smell that greeted me was the final straw. Hotel room smelled old, musty, moldy masked with some kind of foul smelling room fragrance. The smell was nauseating to me and my spouse and we decided to not stay. Guess I should have known better based on the "cheap rate" I got through Expedia.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tellitlikeitis100

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Great value for the price. Very nice pool and spa. The free breakfast was ok. Eggs, potatos, sausage, waffles, muffins, cereal, milk, coffee, juices, toast etc. Probably the only thing missing that would make the breakfast OUTSTANDING would be to have some gravy for the eggs and potatoes. So without the gravy the breakfast was just ok, The fitness center was just 3 cardio machines, no resistance machines.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank supportarizona

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Travelling from Michigan to Phoenix on a family emergency, I hurriedly booked this hotel for my first night, based on reviews from Tripadvisor. i figured I would have time to shop around for the rest of my stay, but after the first night, I booked 3 more nights. While I had booked a 2 queen room, I was given a suite, with a king in the rear room, and a queen sleeper toward the front, separated by a privacy door. It also included a mini fridge, microwave, sink, and coffee maker. Very nice.
The Inn is conveniently located right next to highway 60 but surprisingly quiet, and a short hop over to the 101. The grounds are very well kept and abundant with palms and desert flowing plants. Loved the huge pool, warm and extremely clean. While this resort was built in the early 70's, it is immaculately maintained, with a crew of workers CONSTANTLY cleaning, maintaining and upgrading.
Loved the breakfast every morning, held in the lounge area of the hotel. A large variety of items.. eggs, sausage, hash browns, make your own waffles, cereal, and fruit.
The lounge was a nice place to kick back at the end of the day to catch a cold one and the ball game. Full bar, friendly bartenders, and a good menu.
Usually, I have booked a condo when visiting Phoenix, but think I would rather stay here.
Great staff, great experience!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We felt blessed by this hotel. The exceptional staff from the lovely first person we met at the front desk, to the cafe and housekeeping and the grounds were very kind and all did their jobs impeccably. The hotel itself and linens were very clean and delightful, The accomodations such as free internet and warm breakfast really helped keep our family happy. Most importantly we were in town to help a family member that had a recent stroke and we needed to watch our expenses. Your hotel helped us to do that. Thank you for the wonderful experience and your wonderful staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed a week in off season. Got great rates and amenities. Staff was friendly and knowlegable. Extremely good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple