Tripadvisor
Mesa
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I guess we should have been suspicious with the "good price" for the room ($49/night plus taxes) but, believe me, we overpaid at any price. Wish we had read TripAdvisor ratings before we booked.

They had a hard time checking us in and had to use a second computer. Then they wanted both of our IDs to copy. I'm used to paying a deposit when there is a snack bar in the room, which this definitely did not have. But they asked for our credit card for a $100 deposit and said that it was because they have a problem with people stealing the flat-screen TVs. I should have ran out the door but, unfortunately, had already paid in advance for the room.

Entire parking lot was strew with litter and empty cans; even the rock landscaping that was supposed to be edging was on the pavement. I took photos but it's not worth my time to post them. Tub faucet is dripping and tub has a blank ring around the front end inside.

We had planned on going for a long walk before bed but were afraid to leave the room unattended with our luggage in it. We were afraid to leave anything in the car. We're also to afraid to walk around in this neighborhood given that the hotels is so trashed.

I'm sleeping in my clothes tonight (a) because I don't want to be against the sheets (b) want to be dressed in case someone barges into the room and (c) want to be ready in case the dump burns down. NEVER NEVER NEVER stay here!

Room tip: Don't stay in any room - find a different hotel!
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed January 16, 2020

I could spend 5 paragraphs why this place is so bad but I will not waste the time. The outside is filthy. Trash in the hallways, cigarette butts all over the place and no one cleans it up. Room smelled bad as soon as I opened the door. First hotel/motel I ever stayed at that did not provide wash cloths. Just 3 small towels and 1 head towel. Toilet runs all the time. Their WiFi is a joke. The desk you could sit at is across the room from the only power outlet. I left the room at 10am and returned at 9pm. Nothing had been touched. No fresh towels, bathroom not cleaned and it was exactly as I left it. Please DO NOT stay here.

Room tip: Do not stay here is my advice.
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2020

I am not one to write many reviews, but after living through this terrible experience, my husband insisted we write a review, in full detail, to hopefully save someone else from having to go through what we did. My husband and I were driving through Phoenix, and we needed to stop one night in the Phoenix area. I was searching on my phone, in the car, for a decent, but not overly expensive, hotel. The way this motel was described online is NOT the way it is. False advertising is an understatement. I wish I would have read TripAdvisor reviews first. LESSON LEARNED.
We arrived at night. There was 1 man working the front desk when we arrived, and 1 lady (who I found out was the manager) working the front desk the next day. The place was like a ghost town at night, and in the morning. No one was around, except for the 1 person at the front desk. Both the front desk man that night, and the manager lady the next day, were like stone faced robots. No smiles, and they never looked at you at all.
When we checked in, the man told us we had to give him $100 as a deposit, either in cash, or on a credit card, just in case we damaged anything. We thought that was very strange, to say the least, but it was very late, and we wanted to go to bed already. We told him to put it on the Visa we were using to pay for the room.
When we started walking up to the room, I should've known we were in for trouble, when I saw the filthy stairway and walkway, littered with trash.
There were also very unsavory looking people loitering around in the parking lot (My husband later found out that this motel is used by some people looking to do "illegal transactions").
The room smelled very musty and did not seem clean. The couple of tiny "towels" were more like rough rags. We took our chances sleeping on the sheets. We never even took showers, because the rags, they called towels, were so tiny, and they did not look clean. We just wanted a few hours sleep, and then to run out of there as soon as we could in the morning. We ended up having broken sleep, because we kept hearing people yelling and talking loudly in the parking lot below our room, and down the hallway from us, most of the night.
Early morning came, and we were thrilled to get out of there. The woman manager checked us out. (We had breakfast at TC Eggington's just down the street from this place. Highly recommend it.)
When my husband got our Visa statement, we were shocked to see an extra $100 charge from Dobson Ranch Inn. He called the motel, and was told, it was because we damaged their towels. My husband is usually very calm, but I thought he was going to have a stroke after about 25 minutes of explaining to the man on the phone that we never even touched their towels, and wouldn't use them anyway to take a shower, because they were dirty looking and so tiny. The man on the phone kept insisting we were getting charged the $100. My husband asked to speak to the manager, but was told she was not in.
This proceeded into days and days of my husband calling to speak to the manager, leaving voice messages on her voice mail. Days have now turned into weeks, with no call back from the manager, or anyone. My husband is now disputing it with our credit card company.
This is obviously a sham. I have read some of the other reviews. This motel is deliberately scamming people. Not giving people their money back when they cancelled within 24 hours of making the reservation. Charging $100 with a bogus excuse of ruining their towels. Overcharging customers, and when the customer tries to get their money back, they are ignored. That's outright stealing. This is NOT a chain hotel. It is independently owned. Otherwise, it would never be run like it is. They are getting away with all of this. That's why it is continuing.
Absolutely shameful. I hope Karma comes for them soon.
Stay in your car first, before you stay at this fleabag motel.

Room tip: This motel steals your deposit,overcharges you&gets away w it all.Drug deals here&homeless ppl.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank KellyAnn1029
Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

What a joke room keys didn’t work. Me and my son tried 4 keys there was dirty rags on the sink. It was warmer outside than inside there balcony were gross there was trash on the stairs. I would advise everyone who reads this don’t stay.What they don’t tell you is that they want a 100.00 deposit, the only thing good was the lady at the deck

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank leeann9595
Reviewed October 18, 2019

I directly booked online with this hotel while traveling here in AZ. I had to cancel by phone in less than 24 hours (website shows 24-hour cancellation) due to a family emergency. The lady I spoke with confirmed the cancellation but did not give any confirmation #. She said I should get an email. However, after the check-in date, I never got the email and my credit card was charged for the 1st night. I called the # and spoke with a guy at the front desk. He was very RUDE and at first said, he could not find my reservation # and that I may have booked with Expedia or other online agency. Then, he said, it's showing a "no-show" in the system and would not give me any resolution. He yelled at me and I yelled back at him and he hang up. I'm not too concerned with the one night charge. I will dispute the charge when I have time or is it worth my time? Lesson learned next time, I will book with reputable hotels like Best Western and check the reviews first. Sometimes, cheap is not always good...you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: October 2019