“Run...Do not stay here!!!”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in April. Grounds, pool, bed and front desk clerk nice. Manager rude. Everything else terrible. WAY over-rated. Pictures are old. Most of the staff rude. No restaurant. Accused of smoking in the room and given a choice to leave in the middle of the night or pay $300 fee. Deposit paid was not applied. Manager rude and mean. Rooms dark, moist and dirty...dripping water from a/c unit in front of vanity. Plumbing loose on bathtub/shower, holes to other side. Felt like I was in a horror movie. Did I mention the manager was rude and does not care at all how people review the hotel...obviously?! Love the canned responses to these reviews. He is a jewel. Avoid this place at all costs. Find a nice Motel 6 and improve your surroundings.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank brunelle978

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The "key making machine" was broken and we had to call maintenance every time we needed to get into our room. This continued for more than 24 hrs. The breakfast was lackluster, cold, flavorless food, with minimal choices. The room was poorly marked and we had a hard time finding where to go to eat. The dining room was not available during the week, only weekends. No gift shop as advertised. The lobby was nice, but the rooms we run down and shabby. Sat on the desk chair and it almost tipped over backwards. There were no extra blankets, had to call the overworked maintenance man. There was no literature or directory in the room. When ordering out food we had to go to other guests to find ot the name of the place we were at and there was nothing in the room to tell us! Wanted to leave after the first night and we were told that we would be charged for the next day because they had to have 24 hr. cancellation notice.
A very unpleasant experience and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The family and I had a wonderful 4 night stay. I stayed again by myself on May 25th. We looked at several rooms to see if the bad reviews written before was true or not. We found they were untrue. The staff showed us around. They were very friendly.

I travel a lot and I stay often at Days Inn, Best Western and other hotels and by far this hotel is superior. The breakfast was great. This is the same free hot breakfast we found at other hotels we stayed at. Waffles, eggs, sausage, ham, bisc & gravy, fried potatoes, bagels, cream crease, toast, blueberry muffins, all hot and cold drinks. Hot & Cold items. What else would you expect for free? The hotel rates at 69.00 was perfect.

The pool was huge, heated and clean. The pool was even better than the pictures we saw on here. The rooms were well lite, clean, big and up-to-date.

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. We will stay again and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We picked it out via the internet, the price was right and the pictures of the grounds and pool area made it look very attractive. The place is old and is showing its age, and the pool area on the advertisement does not exist. There was only one pool. The free breakfast was exactly the same thing everyday! The room where the breakfast was served was quite dirty. The onsite restaurant was only open doing the week from 3-6 for drinks only. The housekeeping services were of poor quality. I would not stay at this place again, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Gloria and Rich Selby

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard S
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I want to personally thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your input as I am continually looking for ways to improve our service and property.

We would of been pleased to corrected your concerns if you had brought them to us while were here. We try to please everyone.

My staff provides exceptional service to hundreds of groups and teams each year and they comes in contact with over 400 guest a day and we try to make everyone happy.

As you experienced with your stay here our rooms are safe, clean and comfortable. The free American hot breakfast is compared to any you may find at national brand hotels including Hampton's, Best Western and Holiday Inn Express to name a few.

We serve over 10,000 guests a month and our guests satisfaction is our top priority. On your next stay we will continue with every effort possible to make your stay pleasant.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Asked to have leaking toilet repaired and was told by "Don", I think, that the toilet flapper leaked and needed to be replaced. He advised that nothing could be done since the parts were on order and currently not available.
Therefore, we listened to the running toilet all night!

We selected the Dobson Ranch Inn because of the large property and our desire for a quiet evening in the room after dinner. WE did not receive what we had hoped for.

The desk attendant was excellent. Without asking, she moved us from a second floor to a first floor room. We greatly appreciated her desire to provide exceptional customer service.

We ask that you provide a complementary one night stay in early November, before the season begins, after the toilet flapper problem is resolved. The employee who reviewed our toilet problem advised that this is currently a common problem at Dobson Ranch Inn, but would be resolved when the new toilet tank flappers arrive. We hope so.

Rooms could benefit from an updating.

John Butler
602-432-4891

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We did correct your concerns within minutes.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our second time staying at Dobson Ranch Inn; we've had good experiences both times. We would recommend Dobson Ranch Inn to anyone who wants to visit Mesa, Arizona. The rates are very reasonable, the rooms are very clean and the customer service is great, and last but not least, they have a huge pool to swim in. Next time we visit Mesa, we will definitely book a room at Dobson Ranch Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We are excited that you and hundreds of other guest were pleased with our hotel and staff and it was my pleasure meeting you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband & I wanted a weekend getaway and he chose this resort. It was right off of the highway, easy to get to, restaurants and shopping within a mile or two and our room was clean. The free breakfast buffet was wonderful; not a continental breakfast like most places. The grounds were well kept and absolutely beautiful. Several fountains, flower beds and a nice place to take pictures or have a wedding reception. They have regular hotel rooms and casitas that open out onto a patio. Really nice place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple