“The team had a wonderful time.”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #37 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Flagstaff, Arizona
“The team had a wonderful time.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I was there recently with our son's track team. We had 25 rooms for 2 nights. We will be back again.

There were several parents, students and coaches. This is our 2nd stay here. The place is great. They handled everyone of our needs. The rooms were nice and clean. I am sure our team and the other teams there ate them out of house and home but they kept up and the food was real good.

The staff at the front desk and housekeeping were fantastic. It was nice that us adults could enjoy a few adult sodas in the bar.

We were pleased to see the manager Danny there everyday and he manages the place with ease and has a great sense of humor.

Only thing we noticed a slight problem with was the internet being slow, some door locks not working all the time.

On behalf of the other parents and coaches I give them 5 thumbs up..

Room Tip: 5 thumbs up. Wonderful place. We did not see anything what so ever wrong and find the negative comme...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It was a delight having you and your team here and I want to personally thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your input as I am continually looking for ways to improve our service and property.

We are excited that you and hundreds of other guest were pleased with our hotel and staff and it was my pleasure meeting you.

My staff provides exceptional service to hundreds of groups and teams each year and they comes in contact with over 400 guest a day and we try to make everyone happy.

As you experienced with your stay here our rooms are safe, clean and comfortable. The free American hot breakfast is compared to any you may find at national brand hotels including Hampton's, Best Western and Holiday Inn Express to name a few.

We serve over 10,000 guests a month and our guests satisfaction is our top priority. On your next stay we will continue with every effort possible to make your stay pleasant.

We look forward in seeing you again. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a lovely hotel and right off the freeway so very easy to get to. Our room is large, 2 queen beds, nice TV, internet, refrig, coffee and comfortable beds. It is close to restaurants, and we had to do a little shopping and the front desk help knew right where they were and gave us great directions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a delight having you stay with us and I want to personally thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your input as I am continually looking for ways to improve our service and property.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Husband and I really enjoy going to the Dobson Ranch Inn. We have been going there for many years, and staying for the month of March. New faces and Management this year. Everyone at this Hotel is so very nice. The General Manager Mr. Danny Baker was very nice and helpfull. He was always there to answer any questions. A real people person. We liked him very much. The rest of the crew from sales, front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance were very nice and pleasant. We cannot wait for March 2014.
Spring Training for the Chicago Cubs is always a blast at the Dobson Ranch. The new ball park is minutes away. Make your reservations early, the Dobson ranch is always booked. You will love it when you get there. See you there.

NK/BK CHGO, IL.

Room Tip: Pool side is great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife, children and my brother and his family had 2 rooms here for 7 days. We liked everything about this hotel. The front desk employees, maintenance and housekeepers were always helpful.

We stayed here because we were told it was nice and clean and had low rates by familly and friends who stay before. They were here because of a seriously injuried child in Banner hospital which is 2 blocks away.

The manager here started somewhat a Ronald McDonald house for children, familes that are in the hospital. He is a wonderful man for doing something to help the hurt and pain of a hurt child.

Our rooms were next to each other. We had pets and the pet charge was very cheap. The kids loved the pool area and spa. I wish the pool was open later but was told by the maintenance man that Mesa has a 10 o'clock noise rule.

The breakfast was fun as the kids got to make their own waffles and they had a huge selection of hot and cold food.

I am so glad we made the stay here.

Room Tip: all around a nice place to stay. Pets and kids welcome.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. I travel often and stay at several hotels a year. I found this hotel by accident while making a business call to the Banner hospital.

I found the Dobson Ranch to be nearly perfect. The customer service was great and the girls at the front desk were pleasant and helpful on every one of my request.

I enjoyed the hot breakfast and my room. The rates were great and the location perfect.

I did not witness any thing bad as written in other reviews. In fact I was in the lobby when the guest below was there and over heard their racial slurs and bad cussing words to the poor girl at the front desk. The police had to ask them to leave.

I will be back and recommend this hotel to everyone.

You can not go wrong here.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and quiet. Heated pool was nice. Do not believe the bad things you read.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We've always used this place for the Phoenix Invitational Meet that is held every year at the Mesa Community College. Apparently, They are no longer affiliated with Best Western and have gone private. Prior before making reservation, I was told of how the services have gone WAY DOWN HILL and that they are RUDE AS HELL and OVER CHARGING of stays and that you have to fight the credit card dispute in order to get your money back. Well, I figured that I'd see for myself and couldn't imagine a hotel that we've been staying at for years would go down like that.
It was April 13, 2013, everyone was back at the hotel after a long day at the track field. The kids were enjoying themselves, as well as the parents, talking about the events and finals for the next day. The parents always prepare meals together for the kids and try to find things to do as a group, since the kids can't swim, due to the next day event. Apparently, The Assist. General Mgr happened to be sitting across the way out on his balconey and found that the group was too loud for his taste. He was loud and rude to the guest and told everyone to get inside or check the hell out. He sent over a african american employee (since majority of the group was african american/Latino) to act as security. This guy gave his name as Junior and nothing more. He too was just as arrogant as his boss. He threatened that if we all didn't get in the rooms, that he had no problem removing us from the property his self. By this time, I had went inside to talk with the front desk who didn't know herself as to what was going on other than that she was just doing what the Assist. Gen. Mgr. told her to do. She kept saying that the group was getting complaints and that the Assist. Gen. Mgr. was not caring for the group and wanted us out. I was trying to explain to the front desk that you cannot hold the entire group responsible when there was only a few acting up while the others are in there room doing nothing. As the front desk and I was going back and forth, here comes this man, yelling shut the hell up in his house and if you have a problem with my rules, then get the [--] out!!! His behavior was unacceptable and DAMN RUDE. He kicked myself out of the hotel along with 5 kids who happened to be sleeping during all this and then had the nerve to charge us for 3 days when we only stayed 1 day and a half. Not too mention, he called the police, but made his self look really bad. The police advised us to file a complaint with corporate and helped with finding us another hotel to stay for the evening. The Assist Mgr. was refusing to explain the charges of bill and said to deal with the credit card dispute. The bill shows credits but only charging $20.00 to the card, but my bank showed a charge of $161.02 for the 15th and then another charge for $80.51 for the 16th. This is so ridicule to have to deal with. I have notified the USATF of this and anyone else affiliated with the USATF about the treatment we've recieved. Because of this major event, we were reluctant to find a hotel out a ways.

1 Thank Sunni_Tucson
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your input as I am continually looking for ways to improve our service and property.

As we all know there is anyway's more then one side to a story or event. We all have rules to follow and that pertains to everyone.

I apologize to you that you were ask to leave by the police because of the disturbance.

We serve over 10,000 guests a month and our guests satisfaction to every single guest is our top priority and if even one guest disturbs another it is our obligation to address the issues at hand.

Again thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Travelers are raving about these Mesa hotels

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would say the Dobson Ranch is an Inn or Hotel, but a swimming pool does not make a resort.
I have stayed here many times for a business conference that books at this Inn and would say it is clean, but it is also in need of a makeover. The facilities are showing their age, worn furniture, plumbing issues in the bathrooms (this time I had a toilet seat that was was broken, other times I have had leaking faucets). My room this time was large and reasonably comfortable. The air conditioner was very loud (the temperature outside was in the 90's), but it kept the room cool. If I was coming to Phoenix for a vacation I would spend a bit more and find a real resort.

1 Thank daanddo

As I read your review I see we have some things that need to be addressed by us to make every guest satsified.

On your next stay we will every effort possible to make your stay pleasant.