“Perfect for Spring Training”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #37 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect for Spring Training”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here last week for Cubs Spring Training and it was great. Just off the highway it was easy to get pretty much everywhere. Full breakfast is included. Most of the people staying there were also out for Spring Training so it was just like a big family, regardless of what team you were rooting for. Pool was warm, hot tub was hot, room was clean, plenty of parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your input as I am continually looking for ways to improve our service and property.

My staff provides exceptional service to hundreds of groups and teams each year and they comes in contact with over 400 guest a day and we try to make everyone happy.

As you experienced with your stay here our rooms are safe, clean and comfortable. The free American hot breakfast is compared to any you find at national brand hotels including Hampton's, Best Western and Holiday Inn Express to name a few.

We serve over 10,000 guests a month and our guests satisfaction is our top priority. On your next stay we will continue with every effort possible to make your stay pleasant.

We look forward in seeing you again. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 9 days and were very pleased. Thank you Tripadvisor. We had read all the reviews (good and bad) and found the bad ones to be incorrect. I would suggest this hotel to anyone. We had no issues with check in. The front desk staff was very polite. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The kids loved the pool and hot tub. The hot American morning breakfast was just as good or better than we get at our stay at Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn express. Again I have nothing but good things to say. My husband and I and the family will be back.

Room Tip: Don't always believe the bad things you read. This place is great for the value and location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaye L
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Where do I begin? Check-in online stated 3 pm, the hotel was 4 p.m. At check in the clerk said she had no idea when our room would be ready. She refused to cancel our room & charge. After several trips back to the hotel we were finally able to check in at 7:30 pm! Others checking in had the same wait. Some people had been waiting since 10 a.m. Complaints from others that their beds had dirty sheets. Room was hot, no wi-fi connection, the hotel restaurant was no longer operating for business. The morning breakfast was very poor (one look and we didn't bother). Overall very poor value for the price. Beware!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 105Jim
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am the manager of a baseball team. Recently I had 20 rooms here for 12 nights at the Dobson Inn. Everything was way above par. The negative stories I read on here were unfounded by my 40 players, families and myself..

I use to stay here but stop bringing my team here 2 years ago. I heard there was a mangement change and call the hotel and spoke with the manager who told me that the team and I would be pleased. He had me speak with Jennifer the banquet director and Winnie the sales director. The manager met us personally when we checked in.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. Even when we had some issues with our door keys. They explained a key making issue for was very quick in helping us into our rooms. The hotel rooms were clean and we enjoyed the upgrades the manager has done. Jennifer was great putting our banquet meals together.

We have already booked rooms again this year and next.

Room Tip: The upgrades were nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food and drinks worth the price. Great place...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The good: Grounds were beautiful, we didn't use the pool but the families there were always having fun in it. The girls at the desk when we checked in during a very busy time were friendly and made us feel welcome. Location is great for a lot of things. Bed was comfortable.

Not so good: Room was HOT, and even after mentioning it to staff and being told a/c (or some kind of cooler) would be reset, it never got any cooler. We opened the windows and door in the mornings and evenings when we were there to catch a breeze and try to cool it off. Of course this meant leaving the curtains wide open too so not much privacy. I can't imagine what it would be like in really hot weather.
The carpet needed cleaning. There was a big dark stain in the middle, and our feet and socks were dirty after only a short time. The room overall needed updating.
We never did figure out the water temperature setting in the sink faucet. No matter where we put the arrow, extremely hot water would come out. I couldn't even hold my hands under it to wash them. With the arrow set all the way over to cold, after several minutes lukewarm water would finally come out.
Next time we'll check out one of the newer motels in the area, even if we pay more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie M
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Very unfriendly front desk and check in staff. Room was noisy. We could hear the people talking in the room next to us and hear the people walking around above us. The room had motion sensor light switches that did not work and required feeling around to find a manual switch. The wifi did not work. When we called the front desk, they said it was just because we did not have a compatible computer??? The room was spacious and reasonably clean. The decor is outdated and the dresser had missing handles on the drawers. Breakfast was generous. In short, the place is over priced for the quality.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ctnwd
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rooms are quite old and need to be freshened. The morning breakfast is great. The front desk service was friendly. But the biggest downfall is that I'm here for a week on business and their Wi-Fi does not work with apple products. Wish I would have known, since they stage they have WiFi but do not specify it only is compatible with certain products.

• Stayed March 2013