“beware”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Where do I begin? Check-in online stated 3 pm, the hotel was 4 p.m. At check in the clerk said she had no idea when our room would be ready. She refused to cancel our room & charge. After several trips back to the hotel we were finally able to check in at 7:30 pm! Others checking in had the same wait. Some people had been waiting since 10 a.m. Complaints from others that their beds had dirty sheets. Room was hot, no wi-fi connection, the hotel restaurant was no longer operating for business. The morning breakfast was very poor (one look and we didn't bother). Overall very poor value for the price. Beware!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 105Jim

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am the manager of a baseball team. Recently I had 20 rooms here for 12 nights at the Dobson Inn. Everything was way above par. The negative stories I read on here were unfounded by my 40 players, families and myself..

I use to stay here but stop bringing my team here 2 years ago. I heard there was a mangement change and call the hotel and spoke with the manager who told me that the team and I would be pleased. He had me speak with Jennifer the banquet director and Winnie the sales director. The manager met us personally when we checked in.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. Even when we had some issues with our door keys. They explained a key making issue for was very quick in helping us into our rooms. The hotel rooms were clean and we enjoyed the upgrades the manager has done. Jennifer was great putting our banquet meals together.

We have already booked rooms again this year and next.

Room Tip: The upgrades were nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food and drinks worth the price. Great place...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The good: Grounds were beautiful, we didn't use the pool but the families there were always having fun in it. The girls at the desk when we checked in during a very busy time were friendly and made us feel welcome. Location is great for a lot of things. Bed was comfortable.

Not so good: Room was HOT, and even after mentioning it to staff and being told a/c (or some kind of cooler) would be reset, it never got any cooler. We opened the windows and door in the mornings and evenings when we were there to catch a breeze and try to cool it off. Of course this meant leaving the curtains wide open too so not much privacy. I can't imagine what it would be like in really hot weather.
The carpet needed cleaning. There was a big dark stain in the middle, and our feet and socks were dirty after only a short time. The room overall needed updating.
We never did figure out the water temperature setting in the sink faucet. No matter where we put the arrow, extremely hot water would come out. I couldn't even hold my hands under it to wash them. With the arrow set all the way over to cold, after several minutes lukewarm water would finally come out.
Next time we'll check out one of the newer motels in the area, even if we pay more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marie M
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very unfriendly front desk and check in staff. Room was noisy. We could hear the people talking in the room next to us and hear the people walking around above us. The room had motion sensor light switches that did not work and required feeling around to find a manual switch. The wifi did not work. When we called the front desk, they said it was just because we did not have a compatible computer??? The room was spacious and reasonably clean. The decor is outdated and the dresser had missing handles on the drawers. Breakfast was generous. In short, the place is over priced for the quality.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ctnwd
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rooms are quite old and need to be freshened. The morning breakfast is great. The front desk service was friendly. But the biggest downfall is that I'm here for a week on business and their Wi-Fi does not work with apple products. Wish I would have known, since they stage they have WiFi but do not specify it only is compatible with certain products.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank RVande
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Customer Service is lacking in this hotel. We had trouble with our keys on a daily basis not opening our door. Went through 7 sets (14 keys) with even Housekeeping trying them for us and not working. Soap dispenser in laundry room out of order. No change machine in laundry room. When I went to lobby to get some was told he didn't think he could spare it but reluctantly did. Snack machine in laundry room took money and nothing came out. No ATM in the hotel, you had to go to the next block. I left my phone charger there and when I called I was told I'd have to call UPS to pick it up and tell them it wasn't packaged so they'd have to bring packing materials. UPS is going to charge me more than the charger is worth but you would think for good customer service Dobson would offer to mail it. I would have gladly paid the postage. A lot of inconveniences for the money. I had heard at the pool from people who stayed before it used to be great but had recently changed owners and now going down hill.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roez5859
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been to this hotel a few times in the past, but it definitely has changed since our last visit. Our room and the property in general were very dirty. Our room smelled like mildew and we found a huge cockroach in our bathroom in the morning. The pool area was fairly clean and enjoyable, but the rest of the property is in need of a complete makeover and cleaning! The carpets in the room were filthy - our feet were black after walking around barefoot for just a short while. The air conditioning unit didn't work, and the staff were pleasant enough, but didn't seem to really care about fixing anything. This property used to be part of a major hotel chain, but isn't anymore, and it seems to have deteriorated in every area as a result. We wouldn't stay here ever again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family