“Bummer” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Bummer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rooms are quite old and need to be freshened. The morning breakfast is great. The front desk service was friendly. But the biggest downfall is that I'm here for a week on business and their Wi-Fi does not work with apple products. Wish I would have known, since they stage they have WiFi but do not specify it only is compatible with certain products.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RVande

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Customer Service is lacking in this hotel. We had trouble with our keys on a daily basis not opening our door. Went through 7 sets (14 keys) with even Housekeeping trying them for us and not working. Soap dispenser in laundry room out of order. No change machine in laundry room. When I went to lobby to get some was told he didn't think he could spare it but reluctantly did. Snack machine in laundry room took money and nothing came out. No ATM in the hotel, you had to go to the next block. I left my phone charger there and when I called I was told I'd have to call UPS to pick it up and tell them it wasn't packaged so they'd have to bring packing materials. UPS is going to charge me more than the charger is worth but you would think for good customer service Dobson would offer to mail it. I would have gladly paid the postage. A lot of inconveniences for the money. I had heard at the pool from people who stayed before it used to be great but had recently changed owners and now going down hill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roez5859
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been to this hotel a few times in the past, but it definitely has changed since our last visit. Our room and the property in general were very dirty. Our room smelled like mildew and we found a huge cockroach in our bathroom in the morning. The pool area was fairly clean and enjoyable, but the rest of the property is in need of a complete makeover and cleaning! The carpets in the room were filthy - our feet were black after walking around barefoot for just a short while. The air conditioning unit didn't work, and the staff were pleasant enough, but didn't seem to really care about fixing anything. This property used to be part of a major hotel chain, but isn't anymore, and it seems to have deteriorated in every area as a result. We wouldn't stay here ever again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel K
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Service and Location, these are the main criteria I look for when booking a room to hold my class. Bar none, Dobson Inn Ranch is the BEST place if you need to hold an event. Mr. Dan Baker, the General Manager, took time out of his busy schedule to meet with me (with out an appointment). Mr. Baker and his staff went above and beyond in accommodating my class. I HIGHLY recommend Dobson Inn Ranch if you need a place for an event that will offer Service and Location! You won't be disappointed!
GREAT SERVICE + GREAT LOCATION = GREAT EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manitoba
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

First of all Customer Service was TERRIBLE!! Then the rooms are so old and tired, it felt as though we had walked into a 70's building!! and by that I don't mean retro (as in cool), I mean old shabby and tired! Then the breakfast was disgusting, walked across the street to "The Good Egg" for a meal that tasted like breakfast! The staff is skeleton like, next to no one around and the ones that were there, looked and acted as though they hate their jobs. I warn you to stay away from here, it was our second time here (2 years ago, the staff was friendly and the breakfast alright) now it was all bad!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jfactor79
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had the worst stay at the hotel for two reasons: 1. Terrible Customer Service and 2. Bad Billing Practices. Front desk customer service was horrible from the moment we arrived. They couldn't find our reservation, so it took about 30 minutes just to check in. Then when we went in well within the 24 hour cancellation window and told them we needed to leave early. They apparantly didn't note it in their computer system. So, the next morning when we went to check out a day early - they insisted we had not notified them within 24 hours and would be charged for the extra night stay. My husband argued with the general manager for at least an hour and they would not budge. So, we decided to make the most of a bad situation and stay the extra night. Then on the last morning that we went to check out, they managed to bill us twice for the final night's stay. The girl at the front, let's call her Michelle, was horribly rude to both me and my husband asking us at one point to 'step aside' so she could help others in line when she couldn't resolve the double billing.

Horrible, horrible, horrible!! Ruined our trip to Phoenix and my next stop is to report this company ot the Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all unless you like being treated badly....and like getting billed extra!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria Z
Crawfordsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've come to Mesa for eight years and have stayed at the Dobson Ranch Inn and Suites for six of those years. I'm a college golf coach and bring the college golf team for spring break. We stay for a week. The Inn is conveniently located to the several golf courses the team plays while here. I've stayed there because of the hospitality of the management and the amenities the Inn provides. If we have a problem with any of the rooms the staff will come and work on and fix it. The front desk receptionist is cordial and helpful with both checking in and checking out. In the past year management changed and I was concerned about staying at the Inn. On my initial call I was welcomed and felt comfortable speaking to the manager about our team staying there. One amenity is the buffet breakfast. It's great and allows me to feed my golfers with a good meal to start the day.
I would recommend the Inn to anyone coming to the area to try it out and see what it's like. You'll be pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Coach I want to thank you for writing the review. As always it was our pleasure seeing you and being able to provide the service you expect and we strive for.

As you know, every year we have 100's of teams from schools, colleges and adult teams here and they all seem to be satisfied.

As you stated we can not make every single guest happy, but we still give every effort possible.

We look forward in seeing you again. Thanks again.

Danny Baker, CHA