“Nice Beds”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #37 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here over the weekend and it was nice. Our room was quite large, the beds were very comfy, and the shower was great...hot water and good pressure. The room was clean, the carpet needed to be vacuumed but overall, it was nice.

We went to the bar which was decent. The bartender Craig was very friendly and accommodating. I don't drink alcohol so I requested a non-alcoholic beer and he didn't hesitate to fetch some from somewhere else for me since there wasn't any behind the bar...he was really nice about it. Ordered some buffalo wings and they were just okay. They tasted a bit like they had been in a freezer for a while but they weren't terrible.

My only real complaint was that the heat didn't work. We left it running for roughly 5 hours on high at 80 degrees and it was consistently blowing cool air. The room actually felt better after we turned it off. Also, we didn't have a microwave in our room, which I thought was a bit strange seeing that we did have a fridge. And the girls at the front desk are rude...not in a talking badly to the customers type of way but talking to each other in front of customers about things that were not work related. I thought that was very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Overall, I'd probably stay here again. The price was very reasonable for a weekend and such a large room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We will stay again! Our two night stay was wonderful..... Great location, nice bed, steamy shower and fabulous breakfast. The service was exceptional. It has been a long time since I have stayed at such a great dollar value hotel. We will definitely recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed two nights and were quite impressed with the rooms and the service. Our first day was a f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here just one night as we were flying out of Phoenix the next day. Convenient location, decent rooms, comfortable beds, OK pool and breakfast was fine, although room where it was served was not very clean (carpet was filthy). And, the shower only seemed to have two settings -- cool or scalding. Ouch.

They wanted $30 more a night at the desk than if we booked online. The woman who was at the desk abruptly told my husband he was welcome to go back to the car and book online if he wanted that rate. So my husband came back to the car. A person who called himself "a security guard" followed him out and told him they would match the online rate. Smart thinking, as we were going to leave for another hotel.

The online price was far more competitive than the price the woman at the desk quoted and in line with what you get for your money. I would have expected more at the higher price and been disappointed.

Nothing special, but nothing wrong with this place in our book, either. We would stay again for a single night stopover.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was just there last week for the Randy Hundley's Fantasy Baseball Camp. The hotel room was very clean. The heated pool was nice and also the whirlpool after feeling sore from playing all day. Both were also very clean. The staff there was also very accomidating, helpful and pleasurable. GM Danny was always willing to help me out. From someone taking my dress to the dry cleaners to sending stuff back UPS to me from what I received from camp that I didn't have room for in my luggage. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Linda K.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I recently went to Arizona to visit her parents. While we looked for hotels Dobson Ranch was the one we decided to look into. The reviews were great and had good ratings. We could see why. The rooms and service were great plus it's in a good location. My father in law said he couldn't believe we got the hotel at the price we did. He attended a convention there in the past so he was familiar with it. In other words we got it for a great price. We plan on staying there in the future. If you are looking for a great hotel at a great price we highly recommend it. We stayed at the Mesa Arizona location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had booked Dobson Ranch based on its proximity to the Superstition Hwy & in our rush, we inadvertently neglected to look at reviews of this property prior to booking. Based on what we had read afterwards, we arrived with some trepidation at what we would find. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the negative reviews were completely untrue! Rooms, pool, hot tub & overall property were pristine, customer service was excellent & the hot breakfast was greatly appreciated. We had the opportunity to speak to the manager/ owner almost everyday at breakfast & were asked how our stay was. The rooms were quiet, the beds comfortable & we slept very well. Although the bar was not open at the time of our stay & the property is not the newest, it is excellent value, clean & its obvious that the management & staff take pride in this property. There were numerous restaurants & bars in the area so the lack of a watering hole wasn't a big deal. In short, we would highly recommend this property & look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Flo S
Reviewed January 19, 2013

serious not worth the stay, first we got here and the room we were put in was flooded by the toilet and smelled completely disgusting, second the manager was so incredibly rude when we asked for a roll away bed, apparently they only have 5 for the whole place and when asked why they hadn't brought us the bed when we asked for it the owner/manager screamed at me that they didn't have any and hung up on me! service in the front desk also horrible dirty looks when we asked for extra blankets because we were freezing, also HEATING? if you want heating here you have to get maintenance to come in to your room and turn the heating on from the inside of the vent then turn it on, on the wall, wow its been a horrible night, so much for having some where to rest and unwind after a stressful day of packing and moving DO NOT STAY HERE not matter how good or cheap your hotel deal is!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
6  Thank aztraveler520
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for writing about your concerns. We strive to make the Dobson Ranch Inn a place where you can have a safe and pleasurable.

Are rooms are safe, clean and maintained daily. Fact being, they are praised by hundreds of guest each day and we have a huge return stays from many of satisfied guest.

In my reading of your concerns it bothers me that you would mislead several others with the issues you mentioned.

First I am the manger, and never once did you contact me that night or in the morning. I did investigate all your concerns with the front desk staff and view my tapes and each and every issue you stated to them was addressed professionally. I know that sometimes people have a bad day and then take their bad days out on others.

You were provided the blankets and pillows you ask for. You are correct we did have only 5 roll away beds available that day when you ask for one and they were already given to prior guest. And again you were advised in a professional manner that we did not have any additional ones at the time. Its a guesting game, how many roll away beds should a property have? I have been to hotels with my small children and some have only 1 or 2. I thank you on your input and we will look into purchasing more.

Our heating and cooling is a complex system and yes at times a maintenance staff person needs to change the season controls from heat to cooling. And again in a professional manner or staff addressed your issue in a quick time frame.

On behalf of the thousands of other satisfied guest, my staff and myself we thank you for bringing your concerns to us, if even unfounded they are.