“Nice hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Dallas, Texas
“Nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was a good place to stay. I had a group of 11 rooms and everyone in my group enjoyed their stay. There was a wedding taking place and the hotel staff made it look so nice. The rooms were nice. Can't beat this hotel for the value.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

Our rooms are safe, clean and maintained daily and our staff are trained to treat each and every guest in a professional manner and in fact being, they are praised by hundreds of guest each day and we have a huge return stays from many of satisfied guest.

My banquet director Jennifer and my sales director Winnie as well as all my staff and myself are here to help you anytime.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and do hope you come back again. We have several weddings and groups here each year and have a 98% return rate.

Respectfully, Danny Baker, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

First time here in AZ. I loved my stay, at the Dobson Ranch Inn.Great staff,very clean room, great room service. i love the pool and hot tub . it was always clean, as well as the grounds. my family choose the Dobson for me and the did a good job. i came October 17-26-2012 I really like the Dobson, And will be looking to come back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is working on fixing a few problems inherited so all was not perfect but the pool/hot tub were great, the room was fine, staff was friendly. You can see they are working to fix up the grounds. The internet wi/fi was difficult and the lobby service/printer non-existent so no chance to get boarding passes. Breakfast was sufficient with among the best home fries ever. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in the Phoenix area for a conference but didn't want to pay the crazy prices for one of the conference hotels downtown. We had stayed here last December so we knew the area and knew the hotel was a pretty good value. The grounds are very pretty and clean, even if they look a little aged. It would have been neat to see the property in its heyday. We didn't use the pool but it looked well maintained and clean. Our room was clean and it seems they have renovated since last year which is nice. More electrical outlets in the guest rooms would be nice to accomodate laptop computers and cell phone chargers. The complimentary hot breakfast in the morning is delicious with a good variety. If you are looking for super fancy this is not the place for you but if you are looking for a decently priced, but plain accomodations in a convenient location to Route 60, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ABPtraveler

Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family stayed as a group at the Dobson Ranch Inn, September 28-30, 2012. During our stay, we had the loss of hot water, flooded bathrooms, MUD in the water from the suites in the back. The landscaping was piled up everywhere including the parking lot, sidewalks and such places that would cause a safety hazard. The pool was off limits to customer due to a chemical problem. BUT, the general manager and his family were allowed to use it. During our stay the general manager Danny Baker was " Bullying" and "Threatening" to several customers in our group. I live in Mesa, and was completely embarrased by the condition of the hotel, and the disrespectful treatment of the guests. My family and friends said they would not come back if this is how they were going to be treated. I have complained to the BBB, and so forth. This was absolutely a teriible case of "BULLYING", I had ever witness. We would never recommend this hotel to anyone, and have advsied others to do the same.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank RLMesa
Thank you for writing about your concerns. We strive to make the Dobson Ranch Inn a place where you can have a safe and pleasurable. Our rooms are safe, clean and maintained daily. Fact being, they are praised by hundreds of guest each day and we have a huge return stays from many of satisfied guest.

In my reading of your concerns it bothers me that you would mislead several others with the issues you mentioned. Your complaints were only written because OTHER guest called the police and you and your group ruin the stay of so many other guest who were here to enjoy our update hotel.

You all were intoxicated and very disorderly and In fact I had to ask the police NOT to arrest you as you were being disorderly with them.

First I am the manger and I do remember you all. Nothing in my manner or voice was unprofessional.

You have written false reviews. Yes previous reviews were written by you and your friends that were rude to staff and other guest.

This all started because you all were intoxicated. The pool was closed at 10:00 p.m. and at 10:20 p.m. you wanted to climb over the locked gate in enter a pool that was being treated with nightly chemicals.

I was sitting in the pool area to make sure people such as yourself would not climb over the fence, get in a pool being treated with chemicals and harm yourself or ruin your clothes.

It was unfortunate that you all had the police called on you by other guest and than my professional security staff because of your behavior.

Except for the fact you stayed here, everything you wrote about the hotel or its staff was misleading and false.

Respectfully, Danny
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family and I are here for the week. Never heard of this place before but it was super close to the highway so we took a chance. So happy we did because this place is amazing! Most beautiful hotel we've ever stayed in. My family and I spent all day Saturday and Sunday by the pool. Gorgeous pool! I kept telling my husband that if we weren't already married, this would be where I wanted our wedding! We walked around the property a lot just enjoying the trees and walkways. We walked across the street to the lake. There is a sidewalk that wraps the entire lake!! The breakfast is great. Not just your usual cereal and muffins. Sausage, fresh made waffles, eggs, bagels, potatoes. They have a nice variety so even my kids found stuff they like. I was a little surprised to read some of the reviews about this place. I'm kind of a nut when it comes to clean hotels and I didn't find a single thing wrong anywhere! The manager was there when I checked in and he introduced himself to me and my husband. Told us about a few great restaurants nearby where we could have dinner and told us if we needed aything at all, to ask for him. I don't know if I've ever even seen a hotel manager before let alone be greeted and converse with one. I'm happy we found this place and as I've told the manager, this is the only place we will stay in Mesa from now on. We're thinking of renewing our vows here! Thanks so much to the general manager and his staff for making this the best vacation!!

Room Tip: We are near the pool on the bottom level. Great view of the palm trees and the pool stays lit at ni...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Arrived late due to flight delays. No hot water in most rooms. No answer except I am sorry from front desk. Was told no manager on duty, won't be back until Monday? Actuallymanager was on property, at pool withfriends.When I asked him about the hot water I received total attitude, obviously I was interupting his partytime. We came on at 10 pm, he hung out with no concern for his guests until after midnight. We have been her 2 hrs and am sadly disappointed. May be changing hotels tomorrow but we have 20 + people comingto stay here for a wedding tomorrow, how do I explain there is no hot water? If I was Best Western I would be embarrassed to have my name on this place.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank ntvca422
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe/mesa/phoenix Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Days Hotel Mesa Near Phoenix
Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa

Been to Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area? Share your experiences!