“BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #37 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Chandler, Arizona
“BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My fiance travels for a living (200 nights a year) and he has never been bitten by bedbugs before. Lo and behold, Dobson Ranch Inn has bedbugs....as confirmed by housekeeping staff. I slept in another bed as he wasn't feeling well....I was not bitten. Absoutely horrible.

We had 2 "security guards" bang on the door and then proceed to ENTER our room at 11:30 at night.....on the premise that the room should be vacant and we shouldn't be in there.....computer glitch. When I complained to managment the next morning, he couldn't even bed bothered to look up from his computer to respond to me. "Oh, I guess I should apologize" was all that I got.

There is no longer a restaurant/bar located on site, as advertised. The website needs to be updated to reflect this.

They allowed a woman to sleep on a couch in the lobby. ???????

The only saving grace was the breakfast buffet and the lady that cleaned our room and helped us to move to avoid more bedbugs - Marta.

We live 5 miles from this hotel and were staying there as our AC was out. We have stayed there before when it was owned by Best Western.....totally different experience. We used to go to holiday brunches there.....never again. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 130!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sunaap66
GMDANNY, General Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We would like to thank you for writing your review. As you know I was personally involved with your check-in and check-out.

I am sorry you felt it was important to write a review that was based on misleading information.

Not once during your stay or at the time of check out did you bring up any issue with us about your stay or room besides when security came to check your room after several complaints of loud noises and odors coming from the room, In fact when ask how your stay was you stated everything was good.

After reading your review and also at the time of cleaning your room when you left that day, no inspect issue was found. My professional clean team and maintenance personal check that room 3 times.

I am sorry you felt that because I would not give you a discount or free night that you took the time to make statements that could not be farther from the truth.

We invite you to stay with us again and I will be happy to discuss any issues with you.

Thanks, Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 17, 2012

They allow loose pets to run free on the property and one of the pets even belongs to the manager, proudly walking around with his dog without a leash.

We felt very uncomfortable in the lobby when his dog just pranced right in. The manager Danny, acted like it was no big deal and we should regard his dog like it was any other guest.

Needless to say, we won't be going back, please keep pets in the rooms of they are not going to be on a leash!

Room Tip: The 500# suites are the best value for the money
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mailk T

Travelers are raving about these Mesa hotels

Chandler
Reviewed July 9, 2012

There were several incidents that disturbed me about my stay: 1. A $500 pending charge was held on my debit card for the last few weeks of our stay, and hotel staff had no idea why (it was refunded at the end of our stay, but we were planning on using those funds during our trip)

2. There were bed bugs in our hotel room, I woke with bites every morning. I mentioned this to the front desk, and they dismissed it by saying they were mosquito bites. I was frustrated that they would not listen and would not check properly for bed bugs. When I came directly home from staying at the hotel, a week or two later, I started finding bed bugs in my own bed! I've never had them before, and I am upset that it cost me so much money to get rid of them. For that cost, I would have stayed at a nicer and cleaner hotel.

3. We had the room booked for 2 straight weeks, yet spent a few of those days away during a road trip. Before leaving, we hung the Do Not Disturb sign on our door, and informed the housekeeper that we would be returning in a few days. Yet when we returned to our room, we found Everything missing. I spoke with the staff and head of housekeeping about our missing belongings. To our astonishment, she unsympathetically said she knew (even listed a few of the items), and said that one of the housekeepers had taken it all home! I had hoped for some appropriate shock over the theft, not a knowing and uncaring attitude! After a long and stressful discussion that lasted several days, we managed to get our items back from the offending housekeeper. We never received any sort of apology.

As a whole, the staff was unprofessional, unfriendly, and unhelfpul. When we contacted the General Manager, she promised to inform us of the appropriate actions taken against the housekeeper who had stolen the items from our room. That was several months ago, and we have not received replies to our follow-up emails.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joanna S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I took my kids out for the weekend I live right outside of Phoenix. I wanted them to play in the pool and just get away from home. The Hotel was easy to find and in a nice location. THe rooms were OK the beds were not really that comfortable a little too soft but it was nice. The room was spacious but the Pool the Main reason I went was dirty and there were no towels the Jaccuzi only had two working pumps so it was just like a Hot Dirty smaller Pool. THe hotel has a lot of trees for shade but the grounds are not well maintaind. If the trees were cut back the pool would be less dirty and the view would be awsome. Overall I don't think that I will go back there until they clean up the grounds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Morenci, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked at Dobson Ranch due to the fact it was close to the Hospital my grand-daughter was having surgery, and that online it sounded like a very nice place. We arrived tired and hungry after driving for 5 hours with a sick baby. I had requested a crib, there was no crib in the room. I called the front desk and they said they "would try to find one". The crib they brought looked to be at least 30 years old, was taped together, and was not safe for a baby to sleep in. There is no room service in the summer due to lack of staff we were informed, so we loaded up sick baby and all and went to the bar/reastaurant to get something to eat. When we ordered we were told the items we ordered were not available due to a change in the menu. When we were brought our food it was not edible. The shrimp tasted like it had been freezer burnt for at least 2 years. There was a semi truck parked long ways in front of our room the entire time we were there. The rooms are shoddy to say the least. When I checked out I tried to let the staff know how horrible our stay was and they could have cared less. I would not stay at Dobson Ranch Inn ever again! And definitely would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cheryl F
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

No longer part of the Best Western chain since July 2011 per the front desk staff. Arrived at night on a Saturday for our 2-night stay -- friendly, easy check-in, We were horrified when we entered our room near the pool and you could hear extremely loud music and from the other side of the complex. It was around 11pm and we had been planning to go to sleep. I called the front desk immediately and said there was no way we could sleep here with this loud music. She agreed that it was too loud and said the wedding reception would last another hour but that she would have security go over and ask them to turn the music down. I was skeptical but it worked and it got quiet!! Kudos for that!

Breakfast was decent though the staff could have done better at attending to the buffet. They had make-your-own waffles. You needed a ticket for breakfast which was annoying. On the second morning I had to go to the front desk to get the tickets.

Grounds were nice. If you looked hard you could see small pieces of trash and lots of cigarette butts on the ground near our room.

Room was fine. A little dank but had been fairly recently redecorated. Bathroom had handicapped rails which we didn’t request. Oddly, shampoo in room was used (based on the water marks on bottle) tiny bottles of Pantene Color Preserve (perhaps left by previous occupants??).

All in all, this was acceptable for the price ($75/nt pretax) though a tad worn and not super-clean.

Room Tip: Beware of noise from wedding receptions on Saturday nights
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beergarden
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I made reservations 2 weeks in advance for a handycap room with 2 beds. When we got there we were given a room that was NOT a handycap room. Then when we were put into a handycap room it only had 1 kingsize bed. The furniture was old, the room had a unpleasant smell.
I booked this hotel because of reviews that were posted. Said the hotel was newly remodeled, if it was we didn't get one of those rooms. It said it had a excellent restaurant, with room service.
NO room service, and the food was horrible. We checked out and found another hotel.
I wouldn't let my dog stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here find somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Reyna T
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our various departments and have been addressed.