“Great Experience!”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After reading a few of the reviews I was a little leary of what to expect when I arrived at the Dobson Ranch Inn. I received excellent customer service when checking in with Carl, which started off a great stay. They have wonderful grounds, the room was clean, and the Restaurant was great. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Mesa. I know alot of people don't write about the good experiences, and this definately was one!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the courtyard, it was great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff J

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Our experience wasn't nearly as bad as some of these reviews. Like I said, it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. Good points: the room was large, there was a refrig in the room, the grounds were beautifully landscaped, the employees at the desk were pleasant,and the little bar/restaurant was good. Things that needed work: there are 2 hot tubs and neither one was working, the alarm in the room next door went off at 5:50am (nobody was in the room) and it took 2 calls to the desk and 30 minutes for someone to get into the room and turn it off, and instead of 2 normal sized pillows for a queen-sized bed, there were 4 little pillows-which was annoying as soon as you rolled over. The place is somewhat dated, but it wasn't a dump. It's also about a 20 min drive to the airport with no traffic and they have no shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We reserved a room at the Best Western Dobson Ranch Inn on the internet. The site said it was a King Executive with a coffee maker and fridge. When we got there we were very disappointed. The room was very dark and smelled musty like it hadn't been aired for a long time. The coffee maker and fridge were practically inside the bathroom which grossed me out. I don't like my drinks and food to be so close to a toilette! We asked to see another room but it was exactly the same so we got on the internet and searched for another hotel. We ended up at a Holiday Inn that was far and above cleaner and much nicer than this so called "Best Western". Also, the desk clerk was clueless and rather rude to us when we originally checked in.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jan D
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Our 3rd stay here, just for the convenience of the location being easy to get to from the airport after a long tiring flight from the UK, and also a resonable price for just an over-night stay. It's not part of the Best Western chain anymore but now an independant as told by the check-in clerk. Check-in very smooth. Given room at back near the suites which seems to be the only building which has elevators. It really stands out that these rooms need re-modelling badly. Think most of the others have in some way but maybe not this block. Although very clean, very dreary and a bit shabby looking. Our wash basin in the vanity area had rust around the overflow plus a very bad lime-scale build up round the top of the basin and taps. Housekeeping could easily deal with the limescale! Bed very comfy and the pillows too. Noticed bed was triple sheeted which made for more comfort instead of those awfull velour blankets which were on before. Room very spacious with fridge, desk and sofa.
Breakfast ok, although hot items could have been much hotter then the temperture they were. Dark in breakfast room, not somewhere to linger. Pool area very nice, made the most of it before on our way again.
If you have basic needs and want the convenience of being reasonably near the airport, plus a fairly nice quiet residential area, this would suit but personally I think it has seen better days and would look elsewhere in the area in future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stay here every time we go to Mesa. The rooms are spacious, the pool is great, the complimentary hot breakfast is fabulous, and you just can't beat the price.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank batmanpastor
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you for your review, and taking the time to leave us feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My daughter had her wedding at this hotel. 1 week before the wedding she was called and was told the lady she was working with was not there and she had written nothing down. The day before we went to decorate and one of the rooms air conditioner was broken we were told would be fixed for the next evening, it wasnt it was so hot it was awful. The front desk was rude to the guest. My guest were given a group rate, that was a joke you could make a reversition on line it would have been cheaper and they would not lower the price for the guest. There were cocaroaches in the rooms as well as the banquet area. We were charged to much for the package that we choose and we are still fighting to get them to fix this. They did not leave the food out for all of the guests to eat yet we were still charged even thought none of the wedding party got to eat. They started cleaning up and setting up for the next day event even though we were still there and the DJ was still playing. I paid him for 8 hrs and was only able to use him for 6 hrs becasue of this. I tried to get the credit card issuse to be resolved only to be treated as if I was a child by the manager and I still wait for a call back.
I would not recommend this "Resort" there are tons of better places to stay and hold events at in Phoenix.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Hiedi S
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was one of the best budget type places I have ever stayed in. Mesa can be kind of a dicey town, but this place is in a good location. The room was very clean and comfy, and being that I was alone, I felt safe here. Breakfast was pretty darn good.
However, the front office staff could use some public relations work. The internet was down for a day and a half, which meant I had to spend a lot of time at Starbucks across the street. The staff didn't seem to care much how inconvienient it was, never did anyone apologize for the problem. I tried to bargain a late checkout for the trouble, but the girl at the desk wouldn't budge.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank thetravelingh's
vschlicht, Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for review, we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience with the wireless internet and will be speaking with the staff about their behavior. We hope to see you in the future.