“Sheer convenience.”

Ranked #37 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Hertfordshire, England.
“Sheer convenience.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Our 3rd stay here, just for the convenience of the location being easy to get to from the airport after a long tiring flight from the UK, and also a resonable price for just an over-night stay. It's not part of the Best Western chain anymore but now an independant as told by the check-in clerk. Check-in very smooth. Given room at back near the suites which seems to be the only building which has elevators. It really stands out that these rooms need re-modelling badly. Think most of the others have in some way but maybe not this block. Although very clean, very dreary and a bit shabby looking. Our wash basin in the vanity area had rust around the overflow plus a very bad lime-scale build up round the top of the basin and taps. Housekeeping could easily deal with the limescale! Bed very comfy and the pillows too. Noticed bed was triple sheeted which made for more comfort instead of those awfull velour blankets which were on before. Room very spacious with fridge, desk and sofa.
Breakfast ok, although hot items could have been much hotter then the temperture they were. Dark in breakfast room, not somewhere to linger. Pool area very nice, made the most of it before on our way again.
If you have basic needs and want the convenience of being reasonably near the airport, plus a fairly nice quiet residential area, this would suit but personally I think it has seen better days and would look elsewhere in the area in future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Albuquerque
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stay here every time we go to Mesa. The rooms are spacious, the pool is great, the complimentary hot breakfast is fabulous, and you just can't beat the price.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank batmanpastor
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for your review, and taking the time to leave us feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My daughter had her wedding at this hotel. 1 week before the wedding she was called and was told the lady she was working with was not there and she had written nothing down. The day before we went to decorate and one of the rooms air conditioner was broken we were told would be fixed for the next evening, it wasnt it was so hot it was awful. The front desk was rude to the guest. My guest were given a group rate, that was a joke you could make a reversition on line it would have been cheaper and they would not lower the price for the guest. There were cocaroaches in the rooms as well as the banquet area. We were charged to much for the package that we choose and we are still fighting to get them to fix this. They did not leave the food out for all of the guests to eat yet we were still charged even thought none of the wedding party got to eat. They started cleaning up and setting up for the next day event even though we were still there and the DJ was still playing. I paid him for 8 hrs and was only able to use him for 6 hrs becasue of this. I tried to get the credit card issuse to be resolved only to be treated as if I was a child by the manager and I still wait for a call back.
I would not recommend this "Resort" there are tons of better places to stay and hold events at in Phoenix.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Hiedi S

Travelers are raving about these Mesa hotels

Inland Empire, CA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was one of the best budget type places I have ever stayed in. Mesa can be kind of a dicey town, but this place is in a good location. The room was very clean and comfy, and being that I was alone, I felt safe here. Breakfast was pretty darn good.
However, the front office staff could use some public relations work. The internet was down for a day and a half, which meant I had to spend a lot of time at Starbucks across the street. The staff didn't seem to care much how inconvienient it was, never did anyone apologize for the problem. I tried to bargain a late checkout for the trouble, but the girl at the desk wouldn't budge.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank thetravelingh's
vschlicht, Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for review, we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience with the wireless internet and will be speaking with the staff about their behavior. We hope to see you in the future.
Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My stay here was very nice, I stayed in te Executive King, it was very large and clean. The bed was very large and comfortable, I slept great! I enjoyed the grounds, very pretty and well maintained. There are two pools, they looked very nice, however I did not use them. I ate dinner one night in the Bar/Lounge. The food was good as well as the drinks. The waitress was not, she had vey little tables but took her forever to get to me to take my order as well as bring my food. I ate breakfast at the buffet and was pleased at the selection, much nicer than cereal & stale donuts like some hotels offer. just wish I had a better view, mine was of the parking lot. The location seems good with a lot of stores and restaurants nearby. I am planning another visit in October 2011 and am thinking of staying here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
We appreciate your buisness and look forward to seeing you in the future!
albuquerque
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We are CURRENTLY saying here and I am EXTREMELY dissapointed. The rooms are dated, smell musty, the water in the bathroom sink/shower is either too hot, or not hot enough (very touchy), the room keys NEVER work the first time. Had to go to the front desk to get other keys 6 times and still doesn't work. The maintenece guy came and told us "you have to put the card in and remove it fast." Even he tried it and it didn't work for him... took several tries. Very frustrating when you have a child who's asleep and needs to bet in bed, or go to the potty. If I had the time and energy I would have gotten a refund and looked for another hotel, I'm simply too busy to look for another hotel.

The grounds are not kept very well, the breakfast is not good. They had the same thing every morning: scrambled eggs, sausage and almost burned potatos. All this served in an old dingy musty dark restaurant. Breakfast is gross.

My advise: DON'T STAY HERE. It's not worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank luv_my_passat
Reviewed August 1, 2011

When we checked in to the hotel and got to are room it stuck like smoke the shower rod was broken and the ac was not working like it should have called the front office was told maintenance man was on his way and he came fixed the shower rod refrigerator was also not working right all of the carpet was wet well we had to go when we came back to the room later that night the ac was not working right again call front office and was told to turn ac of for a little bit and then turn it back on ah hello its july its only 110 outside also did not have any hot water only luke warm water over all the hole stay was a mess will never stay at this hotel again yeh good price but broken down rooms and its not just me we stayed in a big party and the all had some kind of problem with there rooms.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Skyloke
vschlicht, Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for this feedback. We are truly dissappointed that we did not meet your expectations, let alone our own. Your comments have been noted and reviewed with our management team. Our goal is to provide nothing less than Honest, Uncomplicted Comfort. Again, we thank you, if not for our guests feedback we would not know where we can improve.