“Deceiving”

Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area
Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Booked a stay at the Best Western Dobson Ranch based off area and website info. Upgraded to an Executive suite for another $20+ dollars a night...executive suite and regular room only difference is there is a sofa in the so-called suite...
The room looked like it had not been updated since 1990...the furniture was worn, the TV was an old tube model, the carpet was old, just an overall poor experience for a "resort" and "executive suite"...when we checked in the I had to inform the clerk I had booked an executive suite at which point he stated "oh yeah, your right" however he had ran the keys fro the room already so I'm not even sure we got a suite because he never changed the room...we visited for a weekend getaway, however I am also the owner of a Travel agency and would not recommend this hotel to my clients...there are less expensive hotels with updated rooms in the area.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, just stay in a standard rm
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NMPGV

Reviewed April 15, 2011

We left the hotel at 9:00 AM and returned to our room at 9:30 PM to find our hotel room door standing open; no, not ajar but standing open. It was dark and we were afraid to enter the room just in case someone bad was in the room. We reached in from outside and flicked the switch and then we searched the room - very frightening. We assume the maid had been in the room and apparently never shut the door so it was standing open all day. We went up to the desk to complain, but the night desk clerk was not too interested in hearing about it. We asked to speak to the manager the next day. We will update this review with whatever solution the manager offers. We have since inventoried the room and we believe all of our personal possesions are still here. We have never had this happen to us before and we must admit, it was very upsetting.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zema_29
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

I would like to apologize personally for your door being left open. This was a housekeeping issue that I haven't seen happen since I have been employed at this property. The housekeeper that cleaned your room has been spoken with and we have taken other measures to make sure this does not happen to anyone else in the future. Again, I apologize for this inconvenience, and hope that the nights that were credited to your stay will make this a better experience for you. Thank You.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

The Good: Nice, expansive layout more like a resort motel, well manicured landscape, decent pool, better than average complimentary breakfast buffet, comfortable beds.
The Bad: Postage size fitness area, signs of wear, defective room key cards, badly in need of a cosmetic refresh, no great restaurants nearby.
The Ugly: Halls smell of a 70s movie theater. Room TVs need an upgrade.
With some TLC, this place could be charming, and the central location and usually excellent weather make it great for newcomers.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BBBulldog
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

BW Dobson Ranch Inn

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Really dirty and run down...I could go on and on about the 1 SHORT hour we spent at this hotel. Looking back my husband and I have a good giggle about it. I knew we couldn't stay there for an entire week. I think they really cut back on their staff for the summer months - that's the best I can come up with. The only good thing I can say was the front desk was AWESOME about refunding our money as we had paid in advance!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank bonzie78
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

I am sorry to hear about the problem that you had when you were at our property. I would like to hear your comments, can you please contact me personally at the hotel. Thank you,

Valerie
Human Resouce Manager
480-831-7000

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights Presidents Day weekend. The breakfast bar was good enough, a little crowded and not enough seating. The room we had was nice, we were facing the road, but couldn't hear the traffic. The heater never stopped running, so the room was a bit warm, but it was easily resolved with opening the door for a few minutes to get fresh air. Close to restraunts and entertainment. The staff seemed a little distracted at check in, the phone was ringing non-stop, but they were nice. Considering the price I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gypsiespirit

Thank you very much for your positive comments, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel was not what we expected. It is very outdated and well worn. Not a 3 star hotel, more of a motel than a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kells8
vschlicht, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

BW Dobson Ranch Inn

Reviewed February 28, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this property. Other than a glitch with the heat in the room, it was flawless. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and accommodating, the bar, restaurant and the overall property atmosphere very good. We absolutely would stay here again. Location is awesome -- right next to US 60 for easy in and out to anything!! It was the perfect setting for us for a golf week to get away from the cold for a while. Keith and Nola, Rapid City, SD

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
vschlicht, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mesa Phoenix East Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Thank you, we greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to leave us a positive rating!