“A Perfect Sunday!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Perfect Sunday!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We arrived right as the first bus was ready to go.....9:00 a.m.
There were no crowds and once on the river it was so peaceful and quite. I was advised that going on a Sunday and early hours would be best for a more peaceful trip, and that advice was right on.
I am a native of Arizona, and had been tubing most of my younger years. It has been many years since my last trip and although it is very different with the prices and bus system, it was still just as beautiful and fun. The highlight of our tubing trip this time was seeing the most beautiful wild white horse on a cove drinking from the river. This beautiful animal just stood their watching us float by.
I cannot wait to go again. I sure won't wait years to go this time.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kayaking the Salt Lake River”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Salt Lake River had a beautiful and very peaceful feel to it. The kayaking was great with a wonderful workout. The wild animals that I saw was well worth the work down the river. My favorite part was seeing the wild horses in the water.

1 Thank Julie M
Mesa, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Kayak down the Salt River”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Instead of tubing try kayaking. We do it about 4pm after the tubers. It is a lot of fun and you see a lot of interesting animals - wild horses, cattle, owls, various birds. But you need to go after the tubers are gone. It is so much fun. $6.00 to park your car at one of the entrances. There are 6 entrances just like where the buses let the tubers off the bus.

Tuba City, Arizona
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Sibling Getaway”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Every year around mid July. Dont matter where we are or who were with, my siblings and i always make it down to the river. Pack up the cooler with beer,soda,water,and ice. also extra tubes cause youll never know who youll met on the river. I cant get enough of this place :) Prepare to get sunburn!! haha

Visited July 2014
Riverside, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Definitely going again!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have friends that have gone for 5 years in a row and invited us. Now we will be going yearly!! For $17 you get your tube and a bus ride. We rented a tube for our ice chest, your don't need much just water and maybe lunch, they also rent buckets for ice chest that fit nicely into a tube. We went to the very top for the 4 1/2 hour float. About half way down we beached to hit the restrooms and have lunch. We all brought sheets to tie around the tubes because they do get hot! They say not to tie your selves together so we tied several ropes to the ice chest to stay close together. Lift your but in the rapids! We applied and reapplied sunblock and nobody burned. We didn't take our kids with us, but would take our teen next year but not our 12 year old daughter. You do need a little bit of strength maneuvering around, and it is somewhat a party floating down the river. We had a large party of 30 and the bus driver was awesome, gave us our own bus!! It was a little hard staying together but I think that was part of the fun of it. Make sure to wear water shoes, especaily for the end of the float since you do have to walk up a small hill to catch the bus back to the rental/parking lot. Several in our party wore old converse and I think that will be what i do next year. Can't wait to go again!

1 Thank Daniella101