“Most relaxing tubing ride EVER!!!”
Review of Salt River Tubing

Salt River Tubing
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rent a tube and go float down the Salt River. Very relaxing, and VERY peaceful place to be. See the mountains and grab a river rock or two. Awesome place to spend a few hours.

There are newer reviews for Salt River Tubing

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family of 5 have just returned from a 2 hr trip down the Salt River. I had read all the reviews and adhered to all the pros. It was fabulous. We went on a Sunday so there were heaps of people. We had sheets to cover the tubes. We tied the teenagers tubes together and sent them off and my husband and I followed behind. Yes it was noisy and alot of drinking going on but we had no issues with anyone. We used our flip flops(thongs) to paddle past the noisy ones. The small rapids were alot of fun. We tied our small ice chest(esky) on and away we went. It was a very hot day but the cold water was refreshing. Can't wait to do it again !!! Oh and the views of the Mts were amazing and the bird life also.

1  Thank mintym00
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was one of the most fun things I've ever done. It's like a huge floating party while you are surrounded by gorgeous scenery. In this excruciating hot weather this was the best and most fun way to stay cool. We were also lucky enough to see wild horses. That really set the experience over the top for me. They came right down to the water and went for a swim . Soooo cool! I can't wait to come back to Arizona and do it again.

1  Thank MoniqueDessau
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We moved to Phoenix about 7 years ago from the mountains of Arizona and we LOVE GOING TO THE RIVER!! We will get a big group together and go a few times every summer (going on July 6th next actually). I can't believe the last review from out of town visitors.... You are tubing down a river that has rocks, rapids, etc... Duh there are always risks involved but you need to be smart and aware.

We actually bring our own tubes and have another vehicle go and park at the end of the river, cheaper and better than using the salt river tubes and buses. Make sure to get a Tonto pass thought (only $6 from the gas station). Bring LOTS OF WATER, beer, food, water shoes (so you don't hurt your feet) and sunscreen! We always have a great time. Warning... there are always idiots out there though, I mean rude people and people that are way too drunk. There are some ghetto people that hang out under the bridge (point 2) that like to shoot water at you and try to annoy you when you go by just an FYI. We like to go from point 1, which is usually about a 4 hour float trip, if the water is running right but the last time we went was Memorial weekend and point 1 was running at about 6-8 hours, so make sure you check before you take off.

I think everyone should do a float trip at least once, it is absolutely beautiful out there and a little fun adventure. The end is kinda a pain in the [--] because you have to drag all your stuff up after you get done but all and all it is worth is. Since AZ doesn't have a beach we have to make the most of our summers here. Also if you want to mingle with people you should stop at the cliffs, it is where most people stop to hang and some jump off the cliffs, which I don't suggest at all. Enjoy yourself though, be safe and smart but have a good time :)

1  Thank Em M
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is hot and miserable. I have been drug down this stupid river many times by friends and I hate it. Bring a sheet to cover your black tube. Reapply sunscreen often and don't wear flip flops, you will lose them. It takes at least six long hours to complete.

1  Thank A J