“The worst Cracker Barrel I've ever been to”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #85 of 938 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
Beverly Hills
“The worst Cracker Barrel I've ever been to”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The title pretty much sums up my feelings about this particular cracker barrel.

During the last two visits we had to wait over 10 mins just for a server to acknowledge us. Also the food is not up to normal cracker barrel standards. Undercooked eggs, pancakes and biscuits. My scrambled eggs were actually "runny". Sick.

The straw that broke the camels back was when we went this evening. Again 10+ min wait at the table and no server to be found. We get up and speak with a manager to place our order to go as we had things to do and couldn't wait any longer. He apologizes and takes our order. Order comes out and he directs us to the cashier. No discount, nothing. Got home and the catfish was fishy smelly and barely edible. Biscuits again undercooked and too doughy.

That will be the last time we visit this cracker barrel unless they fix their mistakes and hire new staff. I added one star simply because as a life long cracker barrel fan It's hard to give 1 star to any restaurant in the chain.

• Visited March 2012

Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Mother of Consistency!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Wow! From anywhere in the country, we find a sameness that is refreshing....No surprises at the Cracker Barrel, we find the Southern style of a family restaurant with ,as Momma called it, "home-cooked meals that make you smile!" We usually order a breakfast, no matter the time of day, but it all reminds us of home and growing up where food was an important part of the day........and we can always think of something in the general store to satisfy the grandchild's sweet tooth, or keep them occupied, if we have them for a weekend........the old-time radio shows on sale are also a treat...takes us back even further....and they are near the freeways. Hardly ever spend more than $20 for the 2 of us...

• Visited February 2012
Seattle
“Great American Food - Heart Attack on a Plate”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was a fun place...I had been to one in Colorado years ago. The food is all American, rib-sticking and probably the worse stuff for you. I had the chicken-fried steak, biscuits, corn bread, sweet potato pie and assorted veggies. The biscuits are fantastic. The corn bread is not...unless you like very gritty corn meal. The service is very attentive. The waitresses are at your table frequently refilling beverages and making sure everything is perfect. The gift shop next to the restaurant is really fun. I would go back especially for breakfast or lunch. Make sure you are really hungry before you go because their servings are generous!

Visited February 2012
Mesa, Arizona
“Cracker Barrel is the place to go for down home, good, country cooking.”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Service is quick and thorough. They accommodate special diets really well. Food is always cooked great; not over or under cooked. There's great variety and great shopping in the country store, too.

• Visited May 2011
Mesa Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real maple syrup”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I lived in New York State for many years and got spoiled with real maple syrup. Cracker Barrel serves you 2 little bottles and since I don't eat a lot - I manage to take one home. It is soooooo good on their pecan pancakes. I think I'll start a crusade against restaurants that state maple syrup on their menus and it comes from Aunt Jemima. grrr.

1 Thank Junebug13820