“Delicious! Be prepared to smell like garlic for a few days...”
Review of Angry Crab Shack

Angry Crab Shack
Ranked #19 of 938 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Seafood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious! Be prepared to smell like garlic for a few days...”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

My family and I came here because we were craving some sort of seafood bake, and thanks to google and trip advisor, we landed at The Angry Crab. I read reviews that we had to try to trifecta sauce/seasoning, so we ordered that on our crab, lobster, mussels, and shrimp (with corn). My goodness... I'm not a huge fan of mussels but I'd order two bags by myself if I had the chance. We loved it so much! I took another friend a week later but they were sold out of mussels (hence the missing star). Can't wait to go again!!! (Be prepared though, that garlic sauce sticks to your fingers for a few days!)

1 Thank Kori F

Phoenix, AZ
“Fun night out”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Had been hearing great things about this place and decided tonight was the night. Packed on a Thursday! But we only waited 20 mins.
Prepare to get messy! Think Joe's Crab Shack but a billion times better. Pick exactly the seafood you want...how much...the flavor. ..the spice...omg...so awesome. They have PoBoys in allegator plus the normal shrimp, crab etc.
Full bar...though it is a family place. Cajun music fills the atmosphere with a very fun vibe. Amazing staff. Very casual. Best if you don't dress up! !.
It is a bit pricey as you pay market price for the fresh seafood daily. But it's soooo good you do not care!!

3 Thank PamInAZ
Tempe, Arizona
“A lot of hype of being different and fun”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

With the long lines at all hours, I was so excited to try Angry Crab! Decor and ambiance were good to help with the feeling of being fun and different. But that's about it. The novelty, the lack of similar food options in town. The food, a group of 5 of us...all having various meals and sides, was just so-so. I wanted so much to enjoy this, but the food didn't live up to the hype of the attention and presentation.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank kareny13
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
“A nice spot to go eat with friends!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is reminiscent of The Boiling Crab chain of restaurants but much to my surprise it is actually better food!

The owner is friendly as is the staff.

This is a good place to go with friend and go crazy on the seafood!

The price is appropriate for what you get too.

1 Thank TLWasHere
Chandler, Arizona
“Great crab boil in the desert? Heck yeah!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

After reading an excellent review in the local underground paper, we made our way to Angry Crab. Fresh from yoga class, we were ready to get our seafood on. Holy cats! This place is awesome! We ordered one pound each of shrimp, snow crab, and mussels--everything was fantastic and we had enough left over for lunch the next day, We could have ordered potatoes, corn, or even sausage to go with our seafood--but why? Seven choices of spice (we chose the Trifecta: Kajun, Lemon Pepper, and Garlic) and 6 levels of heat (we LOVE *hot* yet chose the medium) allowed us to get exactly what we wanted. A couple of cold hard ciders made the meal complete, Heck, I have had the best Cajun shrimp in Alabama, and paid loads more in California--this is tops!

• Visited August 2014