“Ding How”

Golden Gate Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 957 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We ate here for lunch. It is not a buffet. The owner is very pleasant and the food is very good. The atmosphere is quiet. There is a large selection to choose from and the food is high quality and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

1  Thank G Y
There are newer reviews for Golden Gate Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been here twice and both times, I ended up being pleased with the food. Once for dinner and the last time for lunch with 2 work friends. We enjoyed a nice meal for lunch eating off the lunch menu. I went for the Lemon Chicken. I always have a hard time finding good Lemon Chicken. Most of the time it's soggy and bland. This was crisp under the sauce and the sauce had lots of tangy sweet lemon in it. The other meals my friends had were also very good. We had a little sampling and probably would have shared more if it wasn't for the fact that we each enjoyed ours the best.

1  Thank AJVaughnDOTcom
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We're glad that we made the trip to Golden Gate Chinese Resturant it was well worth it. The staff was friendly and very service oriented. The food was excellent. We had the Hot & Sour Soup very spicey but very good. We had Brocoli Chicken & Sweet & Sour Chicken. Excellent would return in the future

1  Thank PEE60
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I've eaten at Golden Gate many times and have never left disappointed. The family dinners with the Happy Platter are a great way to go. Also, every day of the week, including weekends, Golden Gate offers their very reasonably priced lunches.

1  Thank Bitsy47
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Golden Gate has been a favorite of my family for years, when I got my first job I went there a couple times a week for a year! Sue the owner is fantastic, the food is amazing, the portions generous, and the price is great. If you come at lunch you can get their $6.50 lunch special which includes soup, eggroll, wantons, and an entree. I personally recommend the sweet & sour chicken or the lemon chicken, but i'd stay away from the terriyaki, it's not bad but definitely not up to par with the rest. The dinner entrees are around $8 and a little larger with all you can eat chips but no extra's, still a great deal. Service is great although you usually won't have much luck trying to get anything from the people busing, most of them don't speak english. They also have some two seater booths tucked in the back, great for a date!

1  Thank mrstenoien