“Great spot for beer and light dinner”
Review of Red White & Brew

Red White & Brew
Ranked #3 of 973 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Don’t let the name fool you, Red, White & Brew is a true restaurant that was designed from the ground up to offer the community a place to eat, drink and relax. The Brew prides itself on providing an exceptional dining experience that is fun and family friendly, creating a place guests can call home.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

very crowded on my last visit...always god selection of cold beer on tap....served in appropriate glass ware BTW. I prefer the wings, stuffed mushrooms and other appetizers to the meals. I really enjoyed dessert there too -- Canoli...yum. Service has always been good and I appreciate the heaters outside on cool evenings.

1  Thank Bowlerx_424

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I like to support local restaurants and shops so I have visited Red, White, and Brew several times. Each time, I am hoping to discover why all my neighbors rave about it. Each time, I walk away shaking my head.
We arrive on a Sunday night, and the wait was almost an hour. It was too cold to wait on the patio, so everyone was crammed into a small entryway. We were finally able to get a small table in the bar area, which reduced our wait time to just 40 minutes.
The Pros:
The menu is fairly large. There should be something that appeals to everyone: pizza, steak, pasta, chicken, etc.
The portions are generous. You may need to share an entree (Be warned that there is a charge for this practice.)
The warm, garlic rolls are appreciated after a long wait.
The Cons:
The food is just average. The Black Bean Burger tastes similar to the one that I make at home from a frozen patty. The pasta has more cheese than is necessary and the flavors are smothered by it. The steak is average as well.
The prices are above average for the area.
Overall, I will try another local restaurant the next time.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Fine dining it is not. But then, you don't really expect to find fine dining in Mesa. Being in the area on business, I asked the locals for a lunch recommendation. They were unanimous in liking BW&B. And the food turned out to be surprisingly good.

My French Onion soup was as good as they come and I washed it down with a glass of very decent Chianti ($6), the salad that followed was fresh and followed my instructions to the letter. Other people on our table liked Mussels Vin Blanc, Italian Wedding Soup, Mediterranean Style Barramundi fillet and Sautéed Calves livers, these last two specials of the day. We were assured the specials of the day change every week. Portions were very generous.
Service was prompt and cheerful and prices - more than reasonable. A 22 oz Bud light was $4.25.
TIP: If you don't want to leave smelling like your high school cafeteria, ask for sitting on the Patio.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is on the pricey side but the value is worth it. Great food. Large portions. The halibut cheeks (not always available here) are top notch. Waiters and servers are courteous and friendly.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been to this restaurant numerous times, and sometimes get discouraged because the wait is long. But, it is so worth it! Nestled in on a street corner amongst a strip shopping center, it's got the best food. The warm, garlic rolls can be smelled wafting across the parking lot, the french onion soup is maauw, yummy, the Santa Fe cajun chicken salad is one of my favs, and the honey mustard salmon is to die for. I've never had anything there I didn't like. Service is great, just be prepared to wait a bit, unless you go before 5:00. They do have outdoor seating, that depending on the weather is always an option.