“Fabulous....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rancho de Tia Rosa - MOVED

Rancho de Tia Rosa
Cuisines: Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chandler, Arizona
“Fabulous....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have never had a meal that I was disappointed in at Rancho de Tia Rosa on McKellips in Mesa, AZ. The red and green salsa is delicious, chips very fresh, and my ultimate favorite dish is their Shrimp Mazatlan....absolutely delicious. Of course, the margarita menu is fun. I have taken a number of out-of-town visitors to this restaurant, and they have also loved the food. Highly recommend!!!

Visited October 2013

las cruces new mexico
“Healthy Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although I love Mexican food, at the end of the meal and hours later I feel like I am carrying a brick in my stomach. Rancho Tia Rosa's food is not only super yummy with the Mexican flavor I so demand, it is healthy and I am not left heavy lethargic at the end of the meal. The ambiance is totally Mexican, margaritas are excellent. From a woman that does not need extra pounds, I enjoy the thought that it is healthy food. If on the go, there is a separate building for either pick orders or just seat in one of their chairs and eat and go. Their chicken tacos are a must.

• Visited October 2013
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I am used to the regular Mexican restaurants with a few south of the border items hanging on the wall. So ho-hum...
This place is a visual experience without being tacky at all. Inside and out. Impressive and well thought out.

We (traveling with mom this trip) were greeted quite pleasantly at the door and shown to our table.

Chips and salsa showed up right away. One red and one green salsa. I love the green, it had a hint of sweetness. Our server said the sweet was due to the tomatillos. I will be trying to make this at home!

I ordered the porterhouse pork chop with adobo chili rub, ancho mashed potatoes, sauteed chili corn, and fire roasted chili chutney. I'm telling you, the plate was full size and quite full of food.
I gave the food a 4 rating only because I thought the pork chop was not as tender as I would have liked, though it was not at all tough. Everything else was totally excellent. Very good flavor combinations. I especially like the chutney, I will have to try to recreate this at home as well.

Mom had the Baja style seafood tacos, one shrimp with pineapple salsa and the other crab with papaya watermelon salsa. She had a side of rice. Her best complement is when there are no complaints, and she only complained about being full when she polished off her food. Must have been good! It certainly looked good. They were soft shell tacos. Seemed like the tortillas were on the small side to hold all the food stacked on them but it worked out OK.

Service was great. I should have asked her first name as there was no name tag.I would like to mention her by name here. I need to remember this in the future...

I absolutely will come here next time I am in Mesa. Hopefully my wife will be able to come along as she loves excellent Mexican cuisine!

1 Thank William D
Prescott, Arizona
“Absolutely awesome Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were new into town so naturally we checked with Tripadvisor for our first meal out. Once again Tripadvisor came through with flying colors!! This little restaurant is awesome. I had the combination tacos (choose 2 out of 4) The salmon tacos were out of this world. The waitress, who was excellent told us that the cooks filet whole salmons in the back. Fish was as fresh as we got in Alaska! I will go back for the Salmon Salad. Hubby had fish enchilada made with some sort of rock fish and was extremely happy with his meal too. We sat inside but the court yard patio looked very inviting. Shaded and they had heaters for colder weather dining. There is also a little self serve cantina up by the road for quick eating/self serve.

1 Thank Karen F
“Not crazy good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The food wasn't as good as expected. Service was really bad. Had to ask to get refills. Asked for check and still didn't bring it for a few min. Atmosphere was very good though. Have been here before a lot but this time wasn't as good.