“Great food, Authentic atmosphere”
Review of Rancho de Tia Rosa - MOVED

Rancho de Tia Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We are so glad we did. The atmosphere is awesome with live Mexican music. The food is to die for. The chicken mole was awesome as was the chimichanga that my husband had. Our waitress Tara was excellentsas was the rest of the service.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

OK as far as I've been able to find, it's the only Chicken Mole' in town. I've been to allot of Mexican Restaurants in the Valley of the Sun in my almost 29 years living here. This is after living in El Paso for most of my young life. Mole is my favorite dish. Unfortunately it can be hard to find good Mole'. And to be honest if it wasn't for the good Mole' here I probably wouldn't visit the spot. Don't get me wrong. I haven't had anything bad here. It's just very noisy. Sound reflects off the walls and seems to be amplified as it bounces around the big room. I'm sure outside in the spring and fall would be lovely.
As to the food, the salsa and chips gets you a regular salsa and a sweet tomatillo salsa which kids will love. I do. I've had the Chicken Mole' Enchiladas and the Chicken Mole'. Both are excellent. My wife even opted for the Chicken Mole' Enchiladas last night for a change from her normal, boring Cheese Enchiladas. She really like them. She doesn't normally get chicken because it's usually dry and over cooked. Hers and mine (Chicken Mole' Plate) were tender and juicy. We also had some Queso dip and it was perfect. Not a cheap Nacho type sauce, but real Mexican cheese with just enough spice to make it delicious. Both visit have given us the chance to view other customers dishes and everyone has looked tasty and inviting.
So if you go, expect some noise and some good food. There is also a small Taco Cantina on the property, but my wife doesn't drink so we haven't gone. It does look inviting and fun.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great soft tacos, chips and two kinds of salsa, and super dish of nachos to start. Worth a trip back to try more menu items.

1  Thank Eddie85260
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Yes, it can happen. It was like being on a Mexican sound stage at Universal Studios. I'm glad we did not have an earthquake! The food was average, the service was excellent, I would do it again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Have been here many times. The Carne Asada is the best I have ever had. I pretty much have it every time. Lots of food for the money. Good margaritas too!

1  Thank tvglen