“Excellent but not a romantic place”
Review of Landmark Restaurant - CLOSED

Landmark Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is definitely one of those places that I wish I would have visited long ago. I had some friends who went to it years ago and said the food was great home cooking style food. It's an interesting building and history about it and the service was great as was the food. The Salad Bar Room was huge and honestly I could have just had that. All of the food on it was fresh and there is such a variety (everything from salads to soups, to even meatballs and bbq chicken tenders) that you could easily fill yourself up. The Pecan cinnamon rolls were excellent also.

I had the Tequila Chicken which I thought was excellent and the girlfriend had the Beef Stroganoff which was also excellent.

I was impressed that the hostess asked if our table by the window was alright or if we would like to be seated further back in the corner where it might be a bit more quite. I also heard her ask other people as they were being seated.

The only somewhat downfall was it was pretty bright in the room so not a romantic feel at all. But I expected that somewhat choosing to go there after de la Cruz Bistro was closed. It's definitely a nice place to bring the parents probably when you want to be able to talk at a normal level unlike many of the newer restaurants that are designed to be louder.

3  Thank douboat

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Despite the food being kind of good, who the heck wants to eat dinner at 11:30 am. Some friends and my husband & I went there for lunch on a Sunday. The home page of their web site states, lunch and dinner and the days and times. Sunday was listed. The salad bar showed the price of $11.95 for lunch. When we arrive at 11:30 am we were told "Sorry, we don't serve lunch and the salad bar is $15.95". None of us wanted dinner so early. We are all light eaters and had so much trouble picking out something to eat. We asked for an exception and was told that there were no exceptions to the dinner rule. That is not good customer service. Last time we are going to Landmark.

1  Thank SweetPeaAhwatukee
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Had a lovely quiet evening. The special of the day was very tasty. Our waitress was
very attentive. Would have dinner again there. Next time may try the salad bar for
lunch. The best upscale restaurant in Mesa.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Not many restaurants have a history lesson as well as good food, but this one does. All you need is the salad bar to have a good meal and a filling one at that. Their salad bar is a whole room full of yummy. Just walking into the restaurant makes you feel like your in another time. A fest for the eyes and your always well taken care of. After your tummys full take a step back in time down in the basement and dwell on all the pictures from the past. All in all a wonderful time and we always love going back over and over again.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Salad bar is a meal in itself. The food is great but after the salad bar I took most of it home. It is an upscale restruant and a good place for special occassions