“Standard RL fare”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nothing really exciting but the kids enjoyed the kids meals. The food is a bit bland, whether in Seattle, New Orleans, or Phoenix, it doesn't matter how close or far you are the ocean, Red Lobster will find a way to bring the exact same dish to the masses.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to Red Lobster for a quiet dinner near home. The evening started out shaky as there was no hostess and we waited for about 10 minutes. After we were finally seated, the service was excellent.

Our server offered the daily specials to us and recommended drinks as well. After settling that, we ordered our dinners: create your own combos. We each received a variety of shrimp, lobster and crab, along with our bisquits, salads and shell crackers.

Unfortunately, it seems dining on a Sunday means you get to finish off the weeks catch. The shrimp were mushy and bland. The crab had no flavor and shredded in the shells. The lobster was fine but as you know, the lobster is the smallest portion.

Sigh, we will try Red Lobster again but probably not on a Sunday evening.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food was nothing like its description on the menu and was served by staff who really didn't give a damn.. ! When I questioned the staff about issues with my main course (after 1 mouthful) they were dismissive.

Thankfully the cost was low so we all just paid and left quickly. The best part of the experience was the 'salad' then again it doesn't take a chef to prepare

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Took mother out for a fish dinner, and they were having their lobster feast so decided to spend the extra and try the big lobster plate. Should of thought it through having eaten lobster in Canada at a lobster village. The lobster was over cooked.
When mentioned it to the waitress she just said it is they was that lobster comes. Everyone dinner was fair but over priced.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the 1st time we have been back to Red Lobster in years, mostly because it's quite expensive. We both had lobster. My wife's and my roasted lobster tails were both overcooked, but my steamed lobster tail was just right. The linguini that came with my entree was rich and creamy -- nicely done. The shrimp was overcooked. The wild rice that came with my wife's entree was unremarkable.

We also ordered a lobster langostino pizza for an appetizer. This was nicely seasoned but very little langostino. Tasted just like any pizza in any good pizzeria -- but very little langostine flavor.

The garden salad was simple iceberg -- not exciting. The red wine vinaigrette was light and pleasant. My wife's cole slaw was good.

The biscuits were really good. Hot, moist and full of flavor.

Overall, we felt that it was overpriced. If we did not have a coupon, we would not come here, given average food prices in other restaurants. But this is one of the few places in town where you can get lobster, so..........

That said, there was a line waiting, on a Monday evening. Many seniors. I wonder how many had coupons or gift cards. The service was good, attentive and efficient.