“Great Eating”

5 & Diner - E. Southern Ave.
Ranked #206 of 966 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Easy walk for Hotel, Food excellent, staff excelletn, clean. Wife had the fish and chips, I had a salad. Lots of food.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

With one exception I use this restaurant for an old-fashioned high-cholesterol breakfast when I can justify it by circumstances (For instance. we just arrived in our winter home close by and the larder is bare.) The breakfasts are great, the service by no-nonsense experienced servers is refreshing, and the extensive paraphernalia is reminiscent of our youth creates a journey in time.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Atmosphere and music takes you back to the 1950s -- the furnishings, the waitress outfits; everything except the prices, unfortunately. Service is good. Food is good -- try their burgers and home made potato chips. They have over 100 milk shake flavors -- and they are made just like they were 60 years ago; thick and rich. The best table is the one in the back under the pictures of Marilyn Monroe.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I took my daughter to breakfast on Saturday, I was sad and disappointed I wrongly assumed it would be as wonderful as the 5 & Diner off Camelback. It was cramped, loud, food was pretty bad. Greasy but not in a good way all we could taste of our hash browns was the stale grease. Daughter ordered fried cheese sticks as a back up in case she didn't like what she ordered. She didn't like any of it. The cheese sticks besides being cold were like really cheap ones... from a grocery store. Our waitress seemed to try and then gave up. We did ask them to take the cheese sticks off our bill and they did. That was the only good thing that happened there that morning. So sorry...

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Literally adjacent to Sleep Inn and close to Superstition Springs Mall. Service and food were good and nice menu selection.