“Not your standard Mexican Restaurant”

Blue Adobe Sante Fe Grille
Ranked #4 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A hidden gem located blocks away from the Mesa Art Center and all downtown Mesa has to offer.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Popular eatery offers varied and fresh menu. Pleasant presentation, not mass produced. Hamburger is specially priced on Wednesday. Maybe the best hamburger I've ever had down to the bun.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have been here a few times now and plan to come back any time we are in the Phoenix area. It is worth the drive from Scottsdale, even though there is now a Blue Adobe Grille there (we have been to both). The New Mexican style cuisine is delicious, the service is great, prices are reasonable, and the decor is authentic New Mexico. The salsa is smoky and spicy and every entree we have tried has been unique and flavorful. I had the stacked enchiladas, Christmas style (red and green sauce) with carne adovada. The red chile sauce is better than any I have ever had. My husband had the "land of enchantment" which included a beef tenderloin grilled over pecan wood that was tender, flavorful, and delicious.

scottsdale75, Owner at Blue Adobe Sante Fe Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Love the Land of Enchantment! It has been an Original house favorite for years. Thank You .

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The first time I ate here, I ordered the chimichanga -- good, but nothing out of the ordinary. The second time, I tried the daily special -- it's always 10 bucks. Excellent! A different special every night, except on Sundays when you can choose your favorite. Now that is a good deal. If you order something that happens to be grilled, they use real pecan wood. There are stacks of it outside. I had no problem with the service, even though I went when they were very busy.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

spicey... everything here is spicey.... and uniquely flavoured.... restaurant sells itself as New Mexican, which it certainly uses New Mexican spices in their food. And loving New Mexican cuisine that made it a must stop for this foodie.... and like in New Mexico everyone does something a little different with red and green chili's of New Mexico. Enjoyed the spicey flavour although it certainly was hot... luckily they serve a wonderful Iced tea as well... Very good and quick prompt service with a unique interior design. Will definitely make a return engagement to try more flavours.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate at the Blue Adobe Sante Fe Grille on a recommendation of a hotel concierge. My husband had a beer and I had a skinny margarita. He had chicken enchiladas and I had vegetable enchiladas and we both had half green chili sauce and half red sauce. The enchiladas were okay but definitely could have had way more sauce as they were dry. Each was served with rice and beans. The bill was $45.00 and neither of us could figure out why it was so much (and only started thinking about it after we left). This restaurant is mediocre at best and pricey for what you get.