“Love, love, love. Tasty just right food.”
Review of Republica Empanada

Republica Empanada
Ranked #16 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have been here before and once again found the food tasty. Service can be a little slow and in attentive. Small, local owned. Our favorite filling is the Pernil. Our kiddo loved the cheeseburger. We share the papas frites and sip some cold sangria and all is right for a few moments . Small and sparse but cleN decor.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We saw a good review and love Empenadas so we had to eat here. Went at lunchtime and tried 4 different Empenadas. Greek, Hawaiian, Chicken Mushroom and King! Loved them all. I like Greek olives but would have preferred to have the olive on the side not taking up so much space inside the precious Empenada. The Hawaiian was so yummy. Wonderful people there and great service. This is a groovy little joint with mismatched seating and stained concrete floors so if you are looking for a posh place this in not it. If you want good food then this is for you. Their crust is flakier than my Grannys! What a fun meal. Met some great folks working there. Shared some recipes of mine too. Wished I had photos of them so you can see the flakey-ness of the crust!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a fairly new restaurant to the downtown Mesa area. It is, in my opinion one of the best restaurants in Mesa. It is conveniently located (walking distance) to all of the downtown Mesa attractions including the Mesa Arts Center. The staff is very attentive and friendly. I have tried several of their empanadas as well as my favorite dish the Gallo Pinto and have never been disappointed. Their green hot sauce may very well be the best salsa I have ever had. They have an excellent beer selection and a great specialty watermelon drink (non-alchohlic). If you are visiting Mesa, you simply MUST give Republica Empanada a try.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

On the way to a performance at Mesa Arts Center, we discovered República Empanada. I can say unequivocally that you will want to beat your path to this gold mine of a restaurant. Marco and his family have created a unique culinary experience in a simple but brightly and tastefully designed setting. The wheat flour empanadas will drive your taste buds into ecstasy and knock your socks off with combinations of fillings such as the pernil filled with savory pulled pork; the el capitan, with ground beef, potato, boiled egg, green olives, and raisins; and the fig cheese & caramel empanada.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times and am a fan. I like that it specializes. My favorite is El Capitan. Least favorite was one with spinach. It is next to the community garden which improves the environment and makes you feel organic (even if the restaurant isn't).